New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks David.

I did read the 101 - that's where I started. I tried the Upgrade from both the main page and System Settings - I just tried again as you suggested and this was the result (I also tried with the slashes turned the other way "\" instead of "/") :

View attachment 79912
View attachment 79908

I'm able to modify settings (removed EZVIZ logo, changed WDR, view the camera feed, etc.) in Batch Config - it is only the upgrade that seems to be an issue.

I also tried this from the System Maintenance dialogs and you can see "Upgrading Failed" using this method as well:

View attachment 79910

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks again!
I have this in my firmware file collection...You may want to try it...Should be the same file but did notice the filename is digicap.dav which is a common naming for Hikvision firmwares...

Attachments

android52

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks David - I'll give it a try later in the day and report back.

[EDIT] - It worked - thanks.

I have this in my firmware file collection...You may want to try it...Should be the same file but did notice the filename is digicap.dav which is a common naming for Hikvision firmwares...

Last edited:

android52

n3wb
Reaction score
I've found some additional steps to the Upgrade that aren't well documented.

1 - You need to have Batch Configuration tool installed on a computer with WiFi so you can connect to the Doorbell in Step 7 - I was originally working off a wired laptop
2 - When reconnecting to the Doorbell after resetting it, you need to connect to it as 192.168.8.1, not the IP that it originally had - it isn't on the network under the original IP
3 - Step 8 is done in the System Configuration/Network/WiFi section - and this needs to be set to EZVIZ even for the HIKVISION firmware (at least for me starting with an EZVIZ hardware)

Once connected, the HIK-Connect App is telling me there is a newer version than 200321 (which is the download available from the HIKVISION website still and what was shared with me). Has anyone updated to v 5.2.4 build 200904?

msmcknight

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm not able to pull all of the chimes and put them on a bench so I'm trying to isolate one chime and just work with it. If I get it working, I'll add the others back one at a time. I have installed a new 16v/30a transformer, replacing the old 10va one.

If I put a voltmeter and an ampmeter on the lines coming from the doorbell to the chime while sitting idle, I'm showing 15.9v and 0.22A. When I press the doorbell button, these values do not change and the chime does not ring. If I use alligator clips and connect the old mechanical doorbell to the same wires and press the button, the chime rings.

Does this indicate a problem with the doorbell or the wiring.... or something else?

Thanks!

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm not able to pull all of the chimes and put them on a bench so I'm trying to isolate one chime and just work with it. If I get it working, I'll add the others back one at a time. I have installed a new 16v/30a transformer, replacing the old 10va one.

If I put a voltmeter and an ampmeter on the lines coming from the doorbell to the chime while sitting idle, I'm showing 15.9v and 0.22A. When I press the doorbell button, these values do not change and the chime does not ring. If I use alligator clips and connect the old mechanical doorbell to the same wires and press the button, the chime rings.

Does this indicate a problem with the doorbell or the wiring.... or something else?

Thanks!
There are some Digital/Electronic Chimes that are not compatible with this Doorbell. Of course we do not have a list of those, we did include the list from the Hikvision Data Sheet on our 101:
Keep in mind since this list is old I am sure there are other models that do work that are not on this list. Since I do not have a Digital Chime, I am sorry I am not much help...You may want to do a search in this Thread I know we have had several here with Digital Chimes...I don't want you to be discouraged by my post...I truthfully do not know why some are and not compatible...

1611102255247.png

Here is what I found doing a Thread search for 200904:

Superpie

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I need a little help with an issue I have been experiencing. I recently just got the Ezvis DB. I installed it, even set up the RTSP and everything was working fine. Two days later, I open the app an the message "Too many viewers. Failed to play". Basically the doorbell doesn't work at all when that happens, I have to reset the whole thing and it works fine for about 1 day and it will happen again. I contacted Ezvis support and they are no help. Am curious if others have had this issue and what the fix is. Thanks in advanced!

Superpie

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I need a little help with an issue I have been experiencing. I recently just got the Ezvis DB. I installed it, even set up the RTSP and everything was working fine. Two days later, I open the app an the message "Too many viewers. Failed to play". Basically the doorbell doesn't work at all when that happens, I have to reset the whole thing and it works fine for about 1 day and it will happen again. I contacted Ezvis support and they are no help. Am curious if others have had this issue and what the fix is. Thanks in advanced!
Sorry but I forgot to mention that the doorbell does not work at all and the RTSP stops recording like it froze. The reset will fix it for about a day and it will happen again, this has been going on for about 1 week now. Not sure if the product is defective?

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@msmcknight

Have you configured / connected to the app testing the Hikvision video doorbell on the test bench and set up the option in the app for the chime type?

You do not need to connect the Doorbell to your doorbell wiring / chimes to configure the app. If the app is working fine and your doorbell is connecting to your WiFi then you can continue to test the chime stuff.

msmcknight

n3wb
Reaction score
I have not used the app. The doorbell is not on a network with internet access.... and I'd rather it not be. I configured it with iVMS and SADP. I don't see a setting for chime type anywhere in the settings... either with iVMS or with BI (ONVIF).

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I don't see a setting for chime type anywhere in the settings... either with iVMS or with BI (ONVIF).

The chime type setting is only in the app. I also configured the PIR settings in the app way long time ago.

There is some stuff you can configure with the Onvif software that is similiar but different than the batch configuration program.

Here also added a second admin user.

Yes today my Nelly Doorbell (with Hikvision firmware) is not using the app. That said I initially did connect to the app to test it's functions. Then upgrade firmware and currently is is doing ONVIF and RTSP and JPG capture sitting behind the firewall. NVR is Zoneminder. Pop up display to Alexa Show devices, OmniPro2 touchscreens and Homeseer Touch screens.

I am using PFSense OpenVPN and L2TP / IPSEC VPN servers to access home LAN from WAN.

Check out the post above relating to the power module new and old. I get more of a "gong" than a chime from my doorbell these days with the larger module.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry but I forgot to mention that the doorbell does not work at all and the RTSP stops recording like it froze. The reset will fix it for about a day and it will happen again, this has been going on for about 1 week now. Not sure if the product is defective?
Are you having any power issues? Maybe your transformer? Just guessing...

metalexa

n3wb
Reaction score
I have been having the exact same issue. I have to turn off the power for 30 minutes daily to reset it then when powered on it automatically connectes to the network and begins to work. Some days I get a red ring or sometimes its blue but unresponsive when pressing the doorbell. I am currently I am currently running the Hikvision firmware on the EZVIZ DB1

Superpie

n3wb
Reaction score
Are you having any power issues? Maybe your transformer? Just guessing...
I don't think its a power issue as it works perfectly fine then it will stop working with the message "too many viewers, failed to play" in the Ezvis app. RSTP basically freezes to a still imagine of the last time it was working and the doorbell will not work. Reset is what solves the issue but will happen again after 1 day or so.

Superpie

n3wb
Reaction score
I have been having the exact same issue. I have to turn off the power for 30 minutes daily to reset it then when powered on it automatically connectes to the network and begins to work. Some days I get a red ring or sometimes its blue but unresponsive when pressing the doorbell. I am currently I am currently running the Hikvision firmware on the EZVIZ DB1
Any luck on what the issue is? You think its the device itself?

andycots

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I use to have a lot of issues, main things are power and wifi signal, I ended up on a 2.4Ghz signal with 144 speed, lowered the bitrate and was solid, 5Ghz was too weak a signal, myn was on 84 on the 2.4.

I may be wrong but your camera is transferring data at around 5Mbs, which is a fair bit constantly without a good signal.

Last edited: