New line of Dahua AI IN Enhanced WizSense PTZ cameras announced...

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Dahua on international web site released some information about a new AI IN Enhanced WizSense PTZ cams...

The biggest new functionality is Auto Patrol and AcuPick.. Plus moving down features from higher line (WizMind) like VideoMetaData...

Links and screenshots bellow.. I can't find any new model now, but I hope the will be released in short time...

ptz0.png

ptz1.png

ptz2.png

ptz3.png

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Worst part is that beloved due to form factor SD4A425DB will receive the least amount of new features (only AutoPatrol, not AcuPick or other features).

It's a pity that this is the only sensible PTZ model that can pass (for observers) as an ordinary camera..

Which is important here in Europe, where we have very strong CCTV privacy laws and rules :)

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I've been looking at those on the Dahua site for a few days. As you mention, these are existing cameras with a new splash of Marketing paint mostly.
Acupick and Auto Patrol wont help the mostly undersized sensors....

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've been looking at those on the Dahua site for a few days. As you mention, these are existing cameras with a new splash of Marketing paint mostly.
Acupick and Auto Patrol wont help the mostly undersized sensors....
The line-up is almost the same as it was.
But it look like a new generation upgrade with new SOC (CPU/GPU/ISP/AI) and new features done by a new SOC...

Something like an upgrade from original 5442 to a new one 5442-S3.
In theory image sensor and optics were the same, but in practice a new SOC with a new ISP and AI processor gives a new life and a much better video performance to this line..

If you look how the photo/video quality progressed on mobile in last years - sensors sizes are the same (due optics size vs space inside mobiles) but quality progressed very much. A new ISP's, AI processors and new photo/video/AI algorithms did wonders to photo/video quality..

The same story is in CCTV cameras... To increase sensor size You must increase size of optics - especially in PTZ cams (25x zoom ratio).. So 1/1.8" sensors are available only in bigger and more costly PTZ where is space for that. You can't fit 1/1.8" with 25x optical zoom in size of SD4 PTZ's... Sorry... :)

The most of video quality progress will be not from image sensor or optics progress but from video processing done by ISP/SOC...

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
But it look like a new generation upgrade with new SOC (CPU/GPU/ISP/AI) and new features done by a new SOC...

In theory image sensor and optics were the same, but in practice a new SOC with a new ISP and AI processor gives a new life and a much better video performance to this line..

If you look how the photo/video quality progressed on mobile in last years - sensors sizes are the same (due optics size vs space inside mobiles) but quality progressed very much. A new ISP's, AI processors and new photo/video/AI algorithms did wonders to photo/video quality..

The same story is in CCTV cameras... To increase sensor size You must increase size of optics - especially in PTZ cams (25x zoom ratio).. So 1/1.8" sensors are available only in bigger and more costly PTZ where is space for that. You can't fit 1/1.8" with 25x optical zoom in size of SD4 PTZ's... Sorry... :)

The most of video quality progress will be not from image sensor or optics progress but from video processing done by ISP/SOC...
If 25X optical zoom is not doable with smaller size ptz, will a 10-16X with 1/1.8 sensor in SD4 mini ptz size works? The 3-5X optical zoom with the mini ptz currently available in the market is not good enough for Auto tracking even in relatively close distance, but 25X is a little over kill for Residential area most of the time.

I think a lot of people really want is a reasonably small form factor ptz with a 1/1.8 sensor or bigger size and decent optical zoom for night time image. At least that's the camera I hope Dahua or Hikvision will made in the near future. That's the criteria for my next ptz upgrade. The 1/2.8 sensor with a lot of these ptz simply not good enough for night time image.

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score

Yep I hear ya and fully understand the concept, but I've not seen the big difference in image quality with any of the 4MP cameras using 1/2.8 sensors yet...

Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.