New, learning but I’ve gotten started

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Probably hold off on the big expensive PTZ for now.....I have found that while my PTZ gave me some flexibility while i was on site at the Condo.....It really needed to be fixed in one spot overnight.
and messing with the settings during the day...eventually got to be a problem when I'd come in and have missed a capture becuase it had left it set up differently during the day..
A static cam will yield better consistent results when your starting out.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I ran outdoor cat5e inside and out. just because I had so much extra and with a 3 cable pull to the Condo laundry rooms it was the economical thing to do.....for the Condo's budget.
prefer to pull plenum when indoors but it wasn't my money....

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
You might be surprised at the typical LPR cams we use here.
might have enough zoom power to not have to use a tree to mount.....
mine are mounted on the house.....

Attachments

Heavyopp

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I want to buy the LPR camera and play with it. Love to not need tree mount but I’m not sure on the angle. Also a much more obstructed view unless I do some clearing which is not out of the question. I’m not on a corner. I do want to be able to read plates.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Here is an instance where you might say " PTZ auto track good", "static cam bad"...
highly unlikely this will be your use case scenario....:)

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I think you misunderstood what was being said - I need some outdoor cat 6 and was wondering if running outdoor cable inside was recommended just to save me from buying separate spools.

I will run indoor cat6 inside and bite the bullet and spend more for the short run of outdoor I need instead of using outdoor everywhere
Sorry, I was replying to another post.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
When I told my wife about the ”present” in the front yard she said - How do you know it’s not from a dog? Anyway, it’s a frequent stop for delivery drivers, providing a little cover. What I despise is when they leave me a bottle filled with yellow liquid that I’m supposed to clean up. The ”present” was not liquid.
:idk:

Heavyopp

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
About to pull the trigger on this wire:

I know it’s blue but there is coupon for 25% off that listed price - coupon only good for blue 500 ft box

Figure I’ll get 2 boxes, would prefer a 1000 foot roll for less waste but at the $80+ price of 2 boxes shipped it’s hard to pass up.

anyone see any problems with this wire?

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
About to pull the trigger on this wire:

I know it’s blue but there is coupon for 25% off that listed price - coupon only good for blue 500 ft box

Figure I’ll get 2 boxes, would prefer a 1000 foot roll for less waste but at the $80+ price of 2 boxes shipped it’s hard to pass up.

anyone see any problems with this wire?
Same cable that I use except for the color. It has served me well with no problems.

Last edited: