New IP Camera

stopsign

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this forum and to IP cameras, I have bought a Sricam AP009 recently but I am very disappointed with it so much I am returning it to Amazon this week, Can anyone point me in the right direction for buying another camera, My funds are limited and I need one that detects someone or something then records the event or takes a photo.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

I forgot to say where I am, West Yorkshire.

Bill

Last edited by a moderator:

avi6581

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm not far from you :). I would suggest a Hikvision ds-2cd2132f if you on a budget.

it has internal sd card so you could technically use it on its own with "no always on"pc, and there's an app for iPhone, android. It can email you a pic as well. I have several, but use blue iris software running constantly to record all my cameras, and the cameras record just when they detect motion to their internal sd as a backup copy.

mine come from China for around £60

Aliexpress.com : Buy Hikvision new DS 2CD2132F IS replace DS 2CD2132 I 3MP Network Mini Dome Camera cctv camera 30M IR Digital HD waterproof w/POE from Reliable free network card suppliers on CCTV CAMERA CHINA | Alibaba Group

review here :

» Hikvision DS-2CD2132F-IS 3MP IR Vandal Mini-Dome Review Network Camera Critic

avi6581

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No problem, I've been down the same road. I think I actually have a camera somewhere gathering dust that looks identical to the one you mentioned you got. It's no better quality than a webcam from years ago. It's like the difference between day and night when you get a proper camera !. Ps. I use power over Ethernet to mine, if you don't you would need to buy a standard power adapter of the correct rating. Either from the same supplier as the camera, ebay etc, or maplins.

stopsign

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi avi6581,

Looks a nice camera but I need one that is wifi.

I have read a couple of threads on here about the camera I have at the minute and one says he cannot get the email to work, this thing sends emails every minute without detecting anything.

I check last nights video and it looks as though it was very misty according to the camera but it was not here, crap is all I can say about it.

Where about's are you

regards

Bill

stopsign

n3wb
Reaction score
Can you tell me what this means:

DC12v/PoE(802.3af) (-D Can't support PoE)

I can't see whether it is P2P.

Last edited by a moderator:

stopsign

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi avi6581,

I have just downloaded blue iris and I am trying the 15 day free version, I thought I had a bad camera with this AP009 but it turns out it's the viewer that's at fault, on blue iris the camera has not faulted.

all I have to do now is learn to use blue iris, on the free version I cannot get the help button to work.

Thanks for your help

Bill

olli

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score