New Hikvision NVR DS-7608NI-I2

kingdaddy

n3wb
Reaction score
Could this be because you have DHCP enabled, so the IP address, DNS, gateway etc are supplied by the DHCP server on your router?

In what way is this a problem? The internal IPv4 NIC is purely for the PoE ports on the NVR.
NVRs with PoE ports use a separate interface and IP address space for the PoE-connected cameras, it keeps them off the LAN.

Yes I have DHCP enabled. Thanks for the reminder. It was a "try this" effort to solve my 254 problem.
Thanks for that!

I did not know about the POE issue. Expensive mistake on my part. This is my first "DVR". I have two home PC's with 7 cameras total. I store videos on hard drive within each. I am just learning about Security Cameras.

Can I change the internal NIC to put my NVR cams on my network?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I did not know about the POE issue. Expensive mistake on my part.
It's not an issue, nor a mistake. It's a useful feature to keep cameras isolated and safe, and not add LAN traffic.
You don't have to use the in-built PoE, either partly or entirely, the channels can be spread across PoE and LAN as needed.
Check if the NVR has the 'Virtual Host' option, to be enabled under Network, Advanced Settings. If so, there are links to the camera web GUI in Camera Configuration.

kingdaddy

n3wb
Reaction score
There is a check box to enable Virtual Host
Then there is a filed for Virtual Host Port, followed by a "Set" button.

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Virtual Host is handy, it will let you get to the cameras directly by using an address on your existing LAN with a specific port.

Try turning on Virtual Host and see what port it uses by default, it is probably fine.

TechDiver

n3wb
Reaction score
Can you put this device in a wiring closet and connect with client software? If this is possible, does it lose some functionality? I was originally going to run VMS on my PC, but it is too old to do that. I am now trying to decide what route I want to take. Thanks.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I am running my cams on the same subnet as NVR (not using virtual host), it's probably a bug but it allowed me to configure it during initial Nvr wizard configuration. The only downside of this is nvr cannot be configured to access from wan.

Reaction score
Hi Dutchie,

can you share with us which Aliexpress seller you bought this NVR from? Also do you know if it provides decent support for a PTZ camera?

thanks,

Bert.....Dutch

kingdaddy

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't have a PTZ, but the NVR came with a well featured remote control for PTZ.

My source was on the web, hdsecuritystore.com in NY. They have personal tech support that has impressed me two times in two years.

I also had a warranty claim that they promptly handled.

Reaction score
Quick question....will Hikvision tech support work with you on this unit. Been running into problems with them supporting units purchased from "unauthorized" distributors. Very frustrating...

drnouman

n3wb
Reaction score
HI, i am new to this forum. Can you share which seller you got this from. Also how are you paying at ali express - is it safe to pay by credit card ?
Thanks

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I think I paid $375 for my DS-7608NI-I2 which included shipping buy DHL and I used PayPal. It has been working very well. I have 5 Hikvision 4MP cameras plus a Huisun mini PTZ V1 for a total of 6.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
This is the email address of the person I have been buying Hikvision cameras and NVRs from including the DS-7608NI-I2. Also 2 Huisun mini PTZ 10x.

melissa_monitech <melissa_monitech@163.com>

Last edited by a moderator:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I am thinking of buying 2 more of the Huisun mini PTZ cameras and I emailed Melissa and they have them in stock. I paid around $155 for the last one including shipping.