New firmware for IPC-HXX5231XX Released on 201711

Reaction score
tank you weigle 2 it's work perfectly.
and the thread "IVS optional" is good but see too late!

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
everyone happy with this 2017 11 firmware for their 5231's?..no issues?..wanna make sure it's been tested enough before upgrading

julez

n3wb
Reaction score
Tested 1 camera and can't seem to authenticate using the ONVIF user now. Using a generic Dahua profile on a Synology Surveillance Station client with the IPC-HDBW5831R-ZE.
Didn't have any issues previously. I can authenticate using the generic ONVIF profile. Tried both PAL and NTSC just to see if there was something goofy with one over the other.

Steff

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@jazzy1 Updated the firmware on my HDBW5231R-Z last night. I used the PAL version. Everything went fine.

Like the others already said, there is now an additional automatic update option - which can easily be disabled.

The one thing I was hoping to be improved was now corrected: with the old firmware I had problems setting/adjusting the zoom e.g. via my NVR and iDMSS. Works fine now!

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Tested 1 camera and can't seem to authenticate using the ONVIF user now. Using a generic Dahua profile on a Synology Surveillance Station client with the IPC-HDBW5831R-ZE.
Didn't have any issues previously. I can authenticate using the generic ONVIF profile. Tried both PAL and NTSC just to see if there was something goofy with one over the other.
Sometimes this happens where the ONVIF user account does not match the primary account. You can update / change the ONVIF user account credentials in the web interface.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

julez

n3wb
Reaction score
It matches.
At first I tried just Defaulting the camera after the update, that way it kept existing credentials. No luck with that.

So I did a factory default.
Tried setting both the ONVIF admin and admin user account the same manually, no luck there.

Wondering if it wasn't letting the admin account be used for camera access, I tried creating a new user and ONVIF user with the same credentials, no luck.

Finally I decided to turn off ONVIF authentication. The error still occurred, but it took much longer for it to occur.

The strange thing is that the generic ONVIF profile on the Synology will authenticate. Unfortunately that doesn't detect the camera's capabilities so I'm missing H.265 and other things. When I switch it to the generic DAHUA ONVIF cameras I was using before the update, that's when it will not authenticate.

I saw the ONVIF build changed on this firmware as well under system info on the camera.

SirAce135

n3wb
Reaction score
It matches.
At first I tried just Defaulting the camera after the update, that way it kept existing credentials. No luck with that.

So I did a factory default.
Tried setting both the ONVIF admin and admin user account the same manually, no luck there.

Wondering if it wasn't letting the admin account be used for camera access, I tried creating a new user and ONVIF user with the same credentials, no luck.

Finally I decided to turn off ONVIF authentication. The error still occurred, but it took much longer for it to occur.

The strange thing is that the generic ONVIF profile on the Synology will authenticate. Unfortunately that doesn't detect the camera's capabilities so I'm missing H.265 and other things. When I switch it to the generic DAHUA ONVIF cameras I was using before the update, that's when it will not authenticate.

I saw the ONVIF build changed on this firmware as well under system info on the camera.
I am having the same EXACT issue with my IPC-HDW5830R-Z. My other cameras with order firmware work perfectly fine with Generic DAHUA model, but this one would not work no matter what I did. then I picked the next closest model the 4830, and it works GREAT! Except I lose my zoom functionality... :(

After some further digging, I figured out that the IPC-HDBW81230E-Z has an almost identical function set. So I used it as my device in Synology and now everything works AWESOME! I just set the resolution and frame rate within spec.

Last edited:

julez

n3wb
Reaction score
I am having the same EXACT issue with my IPC-HDW5830R-Z. My other cameras with order firmware work perfectly fine with Generic DAHUA model, but this one would not work no matter what I did. then I picked the next closest model the 4830, and it works GREAT! Except I lose my zoom functionality... :(

After some further digging, I figured out that the IPC-HDBW81230E-Z has an almost identical function set. So I used it as my device in Synology and now everything works AWESOME! I just set the resolution and frame rate within spec.
You sir are my hero! I will have to try this out.
I'm assuming you could still set the zoom in the camera itself if you're only using the zoom to really adjust fov for the most part. Set it and forget it.

SirAce135

n3wb
Reaction score
You sir are my hero! I will have to try this out.
I'm assuming you could still set the zoom in the camera itself if you're only using the zoom to really adjust fov for the most part. Set it and forget it.
With that device I was able to even control the zoom as intended. I mean 100% functionality. Try the same one and just set your settings within spec. Even though the zoom range was different it still allows SS to send the zoom in and zoom out command and the camera itself stops when it hits its limit so there’s no harm or loss of functionality.

l4cky

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Here are the latest new firmware for updating for, normally we not send the latest new ones to anyone, but i love this place, people help each other. Try to use dropbox, but China blocked it, so have to make a new post.
When updating, please not move the camera till it reboot, and make a default again when you finish the updating.

IPC-HDW5231R-Z/ZE
IPC-HFW5231E-Z/Z5/Z12/ZE/Z5E/Z12E
IPC-HDBW5231R-Z/ZE
IPC-HDBW5231E-Z/ZE

Suit for all IPC-HXX5XX-XX original english models, hacked models can't use this to update.
Andy

Once we updated the IPC-HDBW5231R-Z firmware, it become the Chinese firmware version right? Unlike the IPC-HDBW5231E-Z. Am I correct?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Once we updated the IPC-HDBW5231R-Z firmware, it become the Chinese firmware version right? Unlike the IPC-HDBW5231E-Z. Am I correct?
no, they are both international models..it will remain in english..they are not china hacked cameras..

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
If you buy the cheap one, surely can be the Chinese one, if buy from us, it's original english. Normally we will tell all guys for the can't updated models if they really need them, 99% we sell is can be updated.

Jagradang

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just updated 2 of my cameras - upgraded successfully no issues. Thanks for the latest firmware!!

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
when you upgrade firmware do you do need to do a reset to "default" OR "default factory settings"??

Jagradang

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
when you upgrade firmware do you do need to do a reset to "default" OR "default factory settings"??
I backed up the cameras, factory reset then restored the configuration. That worked fine for me

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

slowhand23

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ran into a problem trying to upgrade to current firmware from a Jan. 2017 version while logging in to cam thru NVR. Upgrade file just hangs... Transmitting files......please don't leave this page or close the browser.... for nearly 2 hours.

Not sure if it will eventually time out or? Any suggestions?

Attachments

dastrix

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There are two files, which one do I need for english 5231R?

Thank you