New Firmware for IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V2.800.0000013.0.R.191202.zip

MacFun

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
EmpireTech Andy keep this link, i will post most latest new firmware on it.
This is the latest new one for the IPC-HDW5231R-ZE, logo or no logo no difference.
LinkIng to a 10,900 word essay talking about the ups and downs of various firmware versions are not so useful.

Seriously, what’s the latest, recommended, proven version?!???

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
EmpireTech Andy keep this link, i will post most latest new firmware on it.
This is the latest new one for the IPC-HDW5231R-ZE, logo or no logo no difference.
He’s provided you with a link to the latest?

If the feedback posts don’t interest you then don’t read them, I personally find them useful after all this is a forum where things are discussed.

My cams have that version of the firmware and I’ve not personally experienced any issues, my cams are on an isolated network so if they are trying to phone home they won’t get far so that report also doesn’t worry me.

MacFun

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My cams have that version of the firmware and I’ve not personally experienced any issues, my cams are on an isolated network so if they are trying to phone home they won’t get far so that report also doesn’t worry me.
thanks for your reply. I think I understand it better now. I think he updates page one with new FW links. Somehow I downloaded a word doc with links and was expecting that to be the latest recommended and the DropBox links failed to work.This afternoon I wanted to do the FW update but that never happened since I was not sure which version to use and since I could not seem to save my settings from the camera. Looks like v000016.... is the current FW. Thanks!

gbonny

n3wb
Reaction score
FWIW, I've installed DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V2.800.0000014.0.R.191203 (latest official FW available on Dahua website) on my IPC-HDW5231R-Z (one out of two) 5 days ago. So far so good. Did no reset at all, just checked all settings and everything seemed OK.

Previously I had DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_MultiLang_NP_Stream3_V2.800.0000010.0.R.190807 installed. Did no reboot, first attempt via HTTPS failed, cam rebooted and second try via HTTPS the new FW sticks.

gbonny

n3wb
Reaction score
FWIW, I've installed DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V2.800.0000014.0.R.191203 (latest official FW available on Dahua website) on my IPC-HDW5231R-Z (one out of two) 5 days ago. So far so good. Did no reset at all, just checked all settings and everything seemed OK.

Previously I had DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_MultiLang_NP_Stream3_V2.800.0000010.0.R.190807 installed. Did no reboot, first attempt via HTTPS failed, cam rebooted and second try via HTTPS the new FW sticks.
I just found out on my DNS server (Pi-Hole) my camera's are requesting A-records for "update.easy4ip.com". I've blocked this for now.
I have no service like that running on my cam!

Network - disabled:
p2p
rtmp
ddns
PPPoE
UPNP
multicast

System safety - services - disabled:
ssh
multicast
genetec
audio and video
mobile push
set to security mode

Anyone else seeing the same issue? Maybe with v15 and v16 too?

Dramus

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I just found out on my DNS server (Pi-Hole) my camera's are requesting A-records for "update.easy4ip.com". I've blocked this for now.
I have no service like that running on my cam!
Hmmm...
Code:
> whois easy4ip.com
   Domain Name: EASY4IP.COM
   Registry Domain ID: 1836754466_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
   Registrar WHOIS Server: grs-whois.hichina.com
   Registrar URL: http://www.net.cn
   Updated Date: 2019-11-07T13:44:10Z
   Creation Date: 2013-11-25T10:05:24Z
   Registry Expiry Date: 2021-11-25T10:05:24Z
   Registrar: Alibaba Cloud Computing (Beijing) Co., Ltd.
   Registrar IANA ID: 420
   Registrar Abuse Contact Email: DomainAbuse@service.aliyun.com
   Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +86.95187
   Domain Status: ok https://icann.org/epp#ok
   Name Server: NS-1245.AWSDNS-27.ORG
   Name Server: NS-1539.AWSDNS-00.CO.UK
   Name Server: NS-467.AWSDNS-58.COM
   Name Server: NS-922.AWSDNS-51.NET
   DNSSEC: unsigned
More Alibaba space.

My cameras have been trying to contact Amazon space nearly continuously since Day One. Probably to check for firmware updates? Perhaps Dauhua is changing to use Alibaba servers for updates, rather than Amazon?

gbonny

n3wb
Reaction score
Hmmm...
Code:
> whois easy4ip.com
More Alibaba space.

My cameras have been trying to contact Amazon space nearly continuously since Day One. Probably to check for firmware updates? Perhaps Dauhua is changing to use Alibaba servers for updates, rather than Amazon?
Ah thanks! I did on one of my camera's an update check, which now gives a "Check time is out". I see one blocked request in Pi-Hole. Confirmed: this is the update button!

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Hmmm...
Code:
> whois easy4ip.com
More Alibaba space.

I bet that update.easy4ip.com is similar to what DDNS is to make it easier for the customers to link mobile apps to the products without needing to know or set up personal DDNS or those with dynamic ip addressing where ip address is always changing. All they will need to do is enter the serial number or scan QR barcode sticker on the product and the firmware will do the rest to push notification to mobile devices and to live stream or playback on mobile viewer.

The firmware may have a tunneling network setup which is continually linked the cloud service to the camera to bypass the need to set up forwarding ports or the need of a static ip for each camera. Similar to what SIP / VOIP does for internet phone, video phone or video conferencing. The cloud also probably keep a database of all camera current ip address tied to its' serial number.

I could be wrong but that how I see the purpose of it.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score

cstout

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all, here are my findings with recent firmware versions on the IPC-HDW4831EM-ASE. I was previously running V2.800.0000008.0.R.190619 without any issue but decided to try out the latest available (V2.800.0000016.0.R.200605) based on the seeming urgency of the mysterious "security patches." Anyway, 16 upgraded fine for me, but I lost the ability to live view the primary stream when H.265 is in use. It works fine if you're in H.264, but I'm not, so this was an issue for me. I confirmed via Chrome on PC and Mac that the stream would not load in a new private window.

I'm sure everyone has their own preference for editing camera settings, but I primarily use Chrome for this, so I wanted to see what would be the latest available firmware that still worked with H.265 and Chrome. I'm not sure if this matters per-model, but for the 4831 I had success with the primary stream loading properly in Chrome when I got to V2.800.0000013.0.R.191202. 14 and 16 had the same browser primary stream issue, but 13 is working great.

Hope this helps someone!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Can you try it on a different computer? I think it is more of a Windows driver than anything else. I have one camera that the same thing happened, but when I pull it up on a different computer, I can see it just fine.

Kitsap

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all, here are my findings with recent firmware versions on the IPC-HDW4831EM-ASE. I was previously running V2.800.0000008.0.R.190619 without any issue but decided to try out the latest available (V2.800.0000016.0.R.200605) based on the seeming urgency of the mysterious "security patches." Anyway, 16 upgraded fine for me, but I lost the ability to live view the primary stream when H.265 is in use. It works fine if you're in H.264, but I'm not, so this was an issue for me. I confirmed via Chrome on PC and Mac that the stream would not load in a new private window.

I'm sure everyone has their own preference for editing camera settings, but I primarily use Chrome for this, so I wanted to see what would be the latest available firmware that still worked with H.265 and Chrome. I'm not sure if this matters per-model, but for the 4831 I had success with the primary stream loading properly in Chrome when I got to V2.800.0000013.0.R.191202. 14 and 16 had the same browser primary stream issue, but 13 is working great.

Hope this helps someone!

YES! It is helpful. Thank you.

GaryOkie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My understanding is that no browsers other than Safari support H265/HEVC streaming natively (without special hardware support) . It's a cost/licensing/multiple patent pools thing holding back wider support. For a compatibility reference, see Can I use... Support tables for HTML5, CSS3, etc

The fact that the Web UI on the camera or NVR shows a live stream on Chrome or FF (depending on the firmware version) when H265 is enabled contradicts this. Could the live view be streaming in H264 under the covers regardless of the current camera setting?

I do know that Home Assistant is unable to stream H265 video in either Chrome or FF, so because of this, I unfortunately must keep the cameras set at H264. It's a neat trick the camera web UI works at all in Chrome/FF with H265 enabled. Thanks for confirming that some firmware versions don't seem to have this trick or whatever technique is used to support live view natively - (again, without hardware support).

Kev.jelani

n3wb
Reaction score
My understanding is that no browsers other than Safari support H265/HEVC streaming natively (without special hardware support) . It's a cost/licensing/multiple patent pools thing holding back wider support. For a compatibility reference, see Can I use... Support tables for HTML5, CSS3, etc

The fact that the Web UI on the camera or NVR shows a live stream on Chrome or FF (depending on the firmware version) when H265 is enabled contradicts this. Could the live view be streaming in H264 under the covers regardless of the current camera setting?

I do know that Home Assistant is unable to stream H265 video in either Chrome or FF, so because of this, I unfortunately must keep the cameras set at H264. It's a neat trick the camera web UI works at all in Chrome/FF with H265 enabled. Thanks for confirming that some firmware versions don't seem to have this trick or whatever technique is used to support live view natively - (again, without hardware support).
Correct the stream is converted to h.254 or jpeg for live view in other browsers.

Abula

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey Andy, any chance you could reupload the latest firmware please

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
There has an important upgrade on IPC-HDW5231R-ZE series, guys try to upgrade the firmware asap, it's important upgrade.