New Firmware for IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_Eng_NP_Stream3_V2.800.20190807

CrazyAsYou

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Indeed, WDR only works in color mode.
Ok I’ve learnt something new about WDR, I guess I must have had something else set that was making a difference to my output at night with IR, I did default reset on firmware upgrade but don’t recall making many changes to settings with most at default. I wonder if there has been a slight change in defaults for something like gamma.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
@CrazyAsYou as @bigredfish mentioned, WDR has always been only color. This is Wide Dynamic Range so works in increasing Highlight & Shadow detail to improve details lost in those areas. Nothing changed here. If you are using B&W at night, you may have used BLC in Backlight to optimize the image due to a lot of background light and foreground shadow (maybe direct light in from a bulb, streetlight etc) in the past ?

Crest6010

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
One minor problem I found when I updated to <Genral_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_Eng_NP_Stream3_V2.800.0000010.0.R.190807.bin>. When I turn off/on IR for a profile it turns off/on IR for the other profile.

First found this out when I noticed that one of my LPR cameras ( a HFW5231E-Z12E ) and another camera ( a HDW5231R-ZE) did not have IR turned on at night. This was after updating the camera, resetting it to defaults, and re-entering the camera settings. I went to the night profile and turned the far IR back on to 100%. Double checked the day profile and it was also at 100%. Turned it off and looked at the night profile. It was also off.

This is repeatable for any of my 5231 cameras. The IR settings for both profiles are always whatever I last set for either profile. Pretty sure this was not the case with the old firmware.
I’m having the same issue with a 5231 camera

Mikk36

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@CrazyAsYou as @bigredfish mentioned, WDR has always been only color. This is Wide Dynamic Range so works in increasing Highlight & Shadow detail to improve details lost in those areas.
From testing I can say that WDR works by taking two images in sequence, one with lower shutter speed, the other with higher. This is very noticable in dark scene and fast movement. This is also reinforced by the fact that you can only go up to 40 ms (1/25 s) shutter speed with WDR.
Technically this could also work in black and white mode, but alas, it does not.

Mikk36

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can also confirm that the IR setting is applied to all profiles, not just the selected one.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Correct, I believe all of my Dahua cameras have done that for years ..

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes very similar to most smartphone cameras these days, multiple shots / frames across varying exposure and shutter to present a ‘more balanced’ final image.

Although it doesn’t work in B&W you do have other controls to pull details out of shadow area while also applying IR to enhance where needed and manually if Smart or Zoom ends up over flooding with light etc

From testing I can say that WDR works by taking two images in sequence, one with lower shutter speed, the other with higher. This is very noticable in dark scene and fast movement. This is also reinforced by the fact that you can only go up to 40 ms (1/25 s) shutter speed with WDR.
Technically this could also work in black and white mode, but alas, it does not.

Reaction score
Hi
All my cams are Dahua none branded (bought from Andy).
Is there any difference between using the general or the dahua firmwares except for the Dahua logo ?

mark_whocares

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Here is the latest new firmware for these models, there has a little update for some bugs, details please check the Release Note.

General one is without dahua logo
DH one is with dahua logo.

Models support.

IPC-HDW5231R-Z/ZE
IPC-HFW5231E-Z/Z5/Z12/ZE/Z5E/Z12E
IPC-HDBW5231R-Z/ZE
IPC-HDBW5231E-Z/ZE
IPC-HDW4231EM-AS/ASE, IPC-HDBW4231F-AS, IPC-HDBW4231E-AS/ASE , IPC-HFW4231S,IPC-HFW4231E-S/SE.
IPC-HDBW4431F-AS
IPC-HDW4XXX-ASE
IPC-HDW5XX-ZE
IPC-HFW5XXX-ZE
IPC-HFW4239T-ASE
IPC-HDBW4239R-ASE
IPC-HDW5831R-ZE
IPC-HDW5631R-ZE
@EMPIRETECANDY
How much longer should we anticipate getting firmware updates for these cameras ?

mark_whocares

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
These models are very stable now, if no further bugs, they update 5-6 month per time.
sorry , maybe I can write my question another way.

at what date, even if a bug is found, will dahua say "the camera is so old it's not supported for firmware updates any more"

some times know as "end of life for support"

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
This firmware has a big update, dahua released last night. Will make some testing and release here shortly.

Fixed Bugs
Fix Security Vulnerabilities

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score

Just released the new firmware, please update it asap.

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Here is the latest new firmware for these models, there has a little update for some bugs, details please check the Release Note.

General one is without dahua logo
DH one is with dahua logo.

Models support.

IPC-HDW5231R-Z/ZE
IPC-HFW5231E-Z/Z5/Z12/ZE/Z5E/Z12E
IPC-HDBW5231R-Z/ZE
IPC-HDBW5231E-Z/ZE
IPC-HDW4231EM-AS/ASE, IPC-HDBW4231F-AS, IPC-HDBW4231E-AS/ASE , IPC-HFW4231S,IPC-HFW4231E-S/SE.
IPC-HDBW4431F-AS
IPC-HDW4XXX-ASE
IPC-HDW5XX-ZE
IPC-HFW5XXX-ZE
IPC-HFW4239T-ASE
IPC-HDBW4239R-ASE
IPC-HDW5831R-ZE
IPC-HDW5631R-ZE

Please make a default after make the update, and make sure the cams you are using is on the list.Hacked Chinese models, please don't use this firmware to update.
Hi all,

I upgraded my HDW4831EM-ASE to the general firmware above which fixed my web video issue. For other reasons, I did a factory reset on the camera and now I can't find it on the network. I've tried setting my ip range to 192.168.1.x and search for it using both config tool and advanced IP scanner with no luck. It isn't pulling an IP from my DHCP server. Is there any reason the IP would be in a different range than the default 192.168.1.108?

Thanks for the help!

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Try to make hard reset more times, normally just make factory default after you finish the updating.
Press it for 5-7 seconds, make sure the camera is powered.

Reaction score
I've tried several resets using the internal button now. I tried one holding for 7-10 seconds, one holding for 30 seconds and one until the light turned back on. Still not working.

Thanks for your help Andy!