New Dahua thermal cameras

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What firmware version are you running? The specs on the cameras look identical. I thought the N simply meant is was the USA version?

This was the last firmware Dahua had us try:

System VersionV2.630.0000000.6.R
Build Date: 2021-07-07
VersionWEB VersionV3.2.1.1083327
ONVIF Version20.06(V2.9.0.979397)
Algorithm Version1.0.2
ThermalCamera Version20200528
Security Baseline VersionV2.1

Wiz_ard

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

2.650.0000000.2.R,2022-01-25
PendingPort2DHI-TPC-DF1241Private

I will post the more detailed version when I get home, cams are behind NVR no direct remote access right now.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So it is very possible that the S2 implies a new chipset and fixes the issues with the previous version?

JesseSR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm glad to know there's a different/newer model with different firmware that at least 1 person has had some success with so far. That's really awesome and at least we now know why results that @wittaj and I saw might be radically different than @Wiz_ard has seen himself. But yeah, I don't think I'll buy any of those for now, plenty happy with the 4K-X models I'm uing for now.

Wiz_ard

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm glad to know there's a different/newer model with different firmware that at least 1 person has had some success with so far. That's really awesome and at least we now know why results that @wittaj and I saw might be radically different than @Wiz_ard has seen himself. But yeah, I don't think I'll buy any of those for now, plenty happy with the 4K-X models I'm uing for now.
The 4K-X is a absolute monster, I couldn't be happier with that camera. I think this camera is going to do well in certain sectors - cannabis grow operations will be a big one I will be targeting.

hgthr

n3wb
Reaction score
@Wiz_ard - Just curious, you still happy with the camera?

I currently use a couple of Dahua turret cameras for home use. They work great, I like them. I also like what I see of the TPC-DF1241-S2 - especially the thermal functionality and AI IVS. I mean, I'd run with a FLIR but it's a little out of my budget. TPC-DF1241-S2 seems to be a good choice at the moment.

Wiz_ard

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Wiz_ard - Just curious, you still happy with the camera?

I currently use a couple of Dahua turret cameras for home use. They work great, I like them. I also like what I see of the TPC-DF1241-S2 - especially the thermal functionality and AI IVS. I mean, I'd run with a FLIR but it's a little out of my budget. TPC-DF1241-S2 seems to be a good choice at the moment.
I am more than happy with it, it was supposed to come back to the office as I was only using it for demo purposes but its staying put :). I have NEVER had a false alert on IVS OR missed a trigger, thumbs up from me.

hgthr

n3wb
Reaction score
I am more than happy with it, it was supposed to come back to the office as I was only using it for demo purposes but its staying put :). I have NEVER had a false alert on IVS OR missed a trigger, thumbs up from me.
That's pretty much what I wanted to hear!
Now I just have to find a seller, I have not had much luck. no false alerts and no missed triggers.. my disk space would be so happy.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That's pretty much what I wanted to hear!
Now I just have to find a seller, I have not had much luck. no false alerts and no missed triggers.. my disk space would be so happy.
Make sure you get the S2 model...

Reaction score
Anyone know a seller of the S2 model that ships to US? I’d buy from ipcamtalk but don’t see it on the store. Thanks for any hints!

Ronron

n3wb
Reaction score
I fitted a TPC-BF1241-S2 last week, and so far it's very impressive to me. It can identify a burning cigarette from 15m away. The IVS on the thermal imager is very accurate. In fog, heavy rain at night I think it has no rival in guard protection.

Using DH_TPC-DF1241-TB-S2_MultiLang_PN_V2.650.0000000.8.R.221117 firmware, the annoying bugs are gone.

If anyone has any practical experience with the Fusion Calibrate feature, how to use it with a camera already installed, I would be glad if he/she share it.

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I fitted a TPC-BF1241-S2 last week, and so far it's very impressive to me. It can identify a burning cigarette from 15m away. The IVS on the thermal imager is very accurate. In fog, heavy rain at night I think it has no rival in guard protection.

Using DH_TPC-DF1241-TB-S2_MultiLang_PN_V2.650.0000000.8.R.221117 firmware, the annoying bugs are gone.

If anyone has any practical experience with the Fusion Calibrate feature, how to use it with a camera already installed, I would be glad if he/she share it.
I’ve had a few of those up for a while and have posted wildlife footage here. For a “cheap” thermal the picture is not bad but with multiple high end nvrs after a while the thermal cam gets dropped and/or will switch by itself to color thermal. Have probably had tech support logged in 3-4 times in last year. Glad I haven’t been putting them in client locations.
View attachment trim.F1C4B716-35F9-4052-8B8C-3210FFB81A0C.MOV

Ronron

n3wb
Reaction score
I am using it in a BlueIris and I have installed it as 2 separate cameras. One displays the normal lens while the other displays the fusion thermal image. The thermal camera also gives a triger signal to the normal camera when motion is detected.
CodeProject AI also works surprisingly well on the fusion thermal image (ipcam-combined model) . Fortunately, I haven't run into any major bugs with the new firmware yet with BI.

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I guess with 3rd party it would but with an nvr there is no way to just use thermal, you have to burn up 2 channels.