New Camera Shopping part 2

srvfan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I second the ammo part lol.
Just did a drive by with my little Toyota and the result was similar to last night. I’m still thinking I need to move the cam slightly to the left to improve the angle. In doing so, I may also add a touch more zoom and roll through the procedure @wittaj provided again while adding a touch more Iris to 60. I’m pretty happy with the results so far, so I do feel as though I’m getting close to finalizing.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Iris can be funny. Maybe leave it at 50 and once you think you have a good crisp image, play with it in very small increments. I found my one older 5231 Z12 likes it at 42. Going to depend on available light.

srvfan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ya know, this process is like 1000 times easier/faster if you get the spouse unit to park at the target point while you play with the controls. ;)
Maybe I will have to shoot for the weekend to do that. Would make more sense, and as you said, save a load of time. I mean heck, I’m doing all of this for her for those times when I have to be out for extended trips. But she has been pretty helpful with running wires, and installation, so no real complaints here. It’s funny to witness us both hanging off the same ladder; one holding the camera while the other is hooking up the wire and trying to reinstall the soffit.

srvfan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Wait till you get the PTZ and try hanging that LOL. It is a bear by yourself
Haha, not even sure when or if I would be able to get one. The size and weight would probably pull one of my walls down, lol.
Man, I would love to though; maybe make it a Christmas, birthday, and anniversary present (all in one) to myself. I’ve seen videos on here from you guys, and they just blow my mind. I saw a video on here with what appeared to be a mini ptz; think it was a HFW-8442-Z4. Pipe dream though; probably $1k.

srvfan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well, it’s been a while. I’ve been out training and finally got back home to play around with cameras. I finally got my 5241 dialed in thanks to all the help and advice on here. I was able to set up tripwires alerts and even got the Dahua sunrise/sunset service installed. Man, that thing makes life easy!
Question I have is this; today, I had to pull the POE on the camera to test the switch. This of course turned the camera off, and when power was reinstated, the focus did not adjust. I had to stop the service and then restart to get the focus back. Is there a way to set this up to automatically adjust the focus of power is cut (just in case power backup fails)?