New bid - restaurant

grendel54

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I do a lot of low voltage installs, but this will be my first indoor restaurant. I have read most of the literature on here but would like a little help. Although Blue Iris sounds absolutely phenomenal, I am looking to install a regular DVR. Once the system is installed it will be controlled by the management and it needs to be as easy to use as possible. With that being said, can anyone send me a private message and maybe sit down with me to go through a setup with me. The restaurant is a low light restaurant and the main concern is the bar area and the back office. They mostly want to watch their employee. I will be providing a separate bid for outdoor but they may not go with it. Any thoughts?

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
I do a lot of low voltage installs, but this will be my first indoor restaurant. I have read most of the literature on here but would like a little help. Although Blue Iris sounds absolutely phenomenal, I am looking to install a regular DVR. Once the system is installed it will be controlled by the management and it needs to be as easy to use as possible. With that being said, can anyone send me a private message and maybe sit down with me to go through a setup with me. The restaurant is a low light restaurant and the main concern is the bar area and the back office. They mostly want to watch their employee. I will be providing a separate bid for outdoor but they may not go with it. Any thoughts?
I am sure most here would be willing to help and give advice, but more information is going to be needed.

Budget?
Store layout?
Etc.

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Or did it simply add right justified text in a smaller size, and a different font to make the contribution more human?
Last edited: A week from next Tuesday at 1:23 AM

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
FWIW... the link for food and blog content was not in Karezmator's initial post... it was added a bit later

Jim I.

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've seen a few posts in this forum that were obviously from a BOT of some sort, but really don't understand what their end game is. Why would they mess with this kind of forum?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It's 100% an AI bot. The reason why it edited its own post is because they have learned that when they add links it gets either blocked or put in a review queue. So they post and then edit the post with their link.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've seen a few posts in this forum that were obviously from a BOT of some sort, but really don't understand what their end game is. Why would they mess with this kind of forum?
They post a link which gets them clicks. Basically these scammers in India and surrounding areas are selling visits to websites and claiming to do SEO... What they are really doing is simply posting spam so folks click on the link and then they tell their customer Hey look we got you 5000 clicks when in reality we come from spam posts and users are not interested in whatever the product is

godwinda

n3wb
Reaction score
Ugh, scammers are always finding new tricks, aren't they? Thanks for the heads up on the restaurant bid.