Network Resource Usage of NVR ridiculous high

Reaction score
Hi,
I've bought a NVR, model DS-7616NI-K2/16P, after set up, connect to 5 POE IP cameras and 1 wireless camera, and use for a few days. I notice that after 1-2 days, I can't use Hik-connect to live view the camera, the app stuck on loading camera image. After a NVR reboot, everything works again.
After investigation, I found that the Network Resource Usage of the NVR rising from time to time, up to 126 Mbps maximum before I can no longer view the camera in Hik-connect app.
And I can verify that there is no client live view the camera at that time.
Please give me some advice. Thank you.
Screenshot_3.png

StewartM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
A few thoughts:
Make sure all firmware on the NVR and cameras are the latest. (camera models?)
Temporarily disable Cloud P2P globally (looks like NVR and some cameras have it concurrently set) and monitor the LAN traffic.
Cloud P2P connected clients like iVMS-4200 on the PC and Hik-connect on mobile devices may not suspend live streaming (even if you minimize or navigate away from the Main View tab/app).
Checking the logs might help.
Unplug the wireless camera for 48hrs and see if that makes a difference.
All cams/nvr set to auto on Nic Type?
Keep us posted

Reaction score
A few thoughts:
Make sure all firmware on the NVR and cameras are the latest. (camera models?)
Temporarily disable Cloud P2P globally (looks like NVR and some cameras have it concurrently set) and monitor the LAN traffic.
Cloud P2P connected clients like iVMS-4200 on the PC and Hik-connect on mobile devices may not suspend live streaming (even if you minimize or navigate away from the Main View tab/app).
Checking the logs might help.
Unplug the wireless camera for 48hrs and see if that makes a difference.
All cams/nvr set to auto on Nic Type?
Keep us posted
Thank you, I'll try all the option above to see if it works.

Reaction score
Keep us posted
Hi,
After disabled Hik-connect (disabled cloud P2P of NVR). The network resource usage no longer rising, its value is 16Mbps at the time I disable Hik-connect. After 1 day, the value unchanged, maybe the Cloud p2p is the problem as you said.
So I re-enable it to check again, now the value drop to 0 Mbps.
I'll keep track of it.
FYI, sorry because last few days I'm a little busy so I can't answer all your question.
+ All my NVR and cameras is on lastest fw
+ Cloud P2P connected clients like iVMS-4200 on the PC and Hik-connect on mobile devices often shut down immediately if I'm not in use. Because I have 2 more surveillance system, all by Hikvision and both are not facing any problem.
I checked log file but not sure what is the problem (or at least i'm not seeing any warning).
+ Unplug the wireless camera for 48hrs and see if that makes a difference: I'll try.
+ All Cams and NVR set to auto on Nic type.
Thank you for your help.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Update, I noticed that my NVR have 16 channel, but I only use 6 cameras, when using Hik connect to live view, Hik connect tried to load all 16 channel, maybe that the reason NVR flooded with connect request.
So I tried to disable channel 7-16 which is not connect to any cameras. The Network Resource Usage is no longer rising.

StewartM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Glad to hear you found a solution. I have a similar setup with a 16 channel NVR connected to 11 cameras and have not run into your abnormal network usage issue. I use iVMS-4200 v2.8.2.2 as I find v3 has some quirks.
Not saying the following played a part in the issue but might be worth checking if the problem re-occurs.
In iVMS-4200 from the Tool menu in System Configuration>Image untick the Auto-change Stream Type and set the Play Performance to Fluency.
1575467802476.png
Also, in the Live View and Playback settings, tick the option Disconnect Background Videos in Single Live View.
1575468599942.png