Network card not found in Windows 10 Pro

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I bought a HP NC360T dual port gigabit NIC PCIE server adapter for my new system to isolate the cameras from the Internet using guidance from this forum. This was a complete success story. Also, sharing the cameras’ network traffic out (nearly 100Mbit/s) between two ports seems to have made playback smoother.

However, one old Dahua IP cam (SD3282D-GN) with 2013 FW doesn’t seem to like the new BI substream setup and sometimes still skips up to a couple of seconds of frames during trigger events unless it has the entire network to itself. So, I’ve now bought a HP NC375T quad port card so it can have its own network (I already have a single POE injector). Unfortunately, unlike the dual port version, Windows does not see any of the NC375T ethernet ports. Although ”old stock” this card is new.

I guessed it needed a driver and downloaded the newest version I could find but it was a version from 2012. Windows 10 told me it could not be used when I went to install it.

Is there a solution please, or must I chuck the NC375T in the skip?

PS. I’m really hoping for a zero cost solution, my wife tells me I’ve already spent too much pension money...
PPS. I’m not an IT expert and if there is a solution it needs to be understandable.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Sounds like your first instinct was right - you need a driver for that card. More importantly, you need a working driver for Windows 10. Not everything made the transition.

Might check around HP's sites and elsewhere to see if there's one that was created independently. If you can figure out what chip is on the board, you may be able to use the driver for another card with the same. When you get into the multi-port cards that can be a little more complicated. I don't know that card well enough to tell you.

When it balked trying the driver, did it tell you that it could not be used or did it just stop with an unsigned driver message? I'm guessing the former but worth asking.

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
These cards are pretty old, I'd try find a Genuine Intel i350 card instead, just make sure its real, there are a LOT of fakes out there

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Try the driver for server 2012 R2, that’s the closest that might work. Else find out what chipset it uses and then try the chipset manufacturer.

Something else worth trying is these cards are normally clones of others so you mind find that Dell have the same/similar so sometimes worth a look to see what you can find.

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So it is a driver problem.
Mike, thanks for the reply. I scoured the Internet (but with my limited skill level) for a driver and yes, had it been merely an unsigned driver I would have used it. I‘m guessing the chance of finding a compatible driver for a different card using the same chip is to say the least unlikely. Will it be the big chip under the big heat sink we’re talking about?
Alastair, thanks for your reply too. Yes, that is the card I bought. It might have seemed a likely problem to you, but to me, when I ordered it, it hadn’t even occurred to me that it needed a driver. Even if it had occurred to me I would have assumed the magic of Windows 10 Pro would have been able to figure it out, especially since the dual port version, the NC360T from the same era works OK without installing a special driver.

I wonder what is the cheapest PCIE 4 port network card that does work with Windows 10 Pro? Of course, I’m sure the ‘manager of our money‘ will question why it’s needed and will probably be unwilling to ‘sign off the capital expenditure authorisation’...

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
It wouldn't be my first choice, but I think you'd be fine

I wouldn't trust for longevity though

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Should be assuming genuine. Should be recognized by Win 10. If it doesn't come up automatically then you can download. I think this is the right one:

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a multi port i350 based network card in my BI Win10 PC which installed and works with no issues.

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
OK thanks Mike. I tried downloading the driver as in your link but the clever software stopped , pointing out that I don’t have an Intel network adapter installed.
And thanks again to you IAmATeaf (one day you should tell me how you constructed your forum name). I’ve just tried again for ages to get a HP network driver for Windows 2012 R2 to try as you suggested but none of the driver update companies I tried came up with the goods - the nearest needed a special server licence I don’t have.
So it’s the skip for the HP NC375T but I’ll let the dust settle before spending even more money.
As always, thanks for the support.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
You are downloading it and not running it? Or are you doing this on the BI PC?

Other thing you can try is with the card installed go into Device Manager, it should be shown as an unknown device, open the device and then check within one of the tabs that show the device info. Should be a drop down list with lots and lots of options. Go through each option and look out for any meaningful text that might give you info on the device. Then google.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Edit: Never mind... Brain malfunction.

Also apparently there's a way to install drivers in a compatibility mode so that they appear to be running under an older OS but I've never tried that. Search and you'll find.

Last edited:

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I‘ve been using the BI PC to search for a driver and either not found one or been on two sites that block the download saying that a virus was detected.
Remarkably I eventually did think of using Device Manager but only the built in realtek network adapter was shown. Come to think of it now as I’m typing, if Windows doesn‘t think it’s a network card then maybe it’s listed somewhere else in Device Manager. I’ll put the card back in yet again and search the list.

Mike, sorry I haven’t made it clear enough - the dual HP NC360T works fine I guess because, as you say, it uses Intel bits. It’s the quad HP NC375T that doesn’t work.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
D'oh! No, my mistake. I looked quickly earlier for the NC375T but didn't find much so didn't keep the links. Went back and searched again and just grabbed the wrong one from your post. Same applies though. Looks to be based on the NetXen/Qlogic NX3031. Didn't find much of anything for Win 10.