Need Hikvision clone model#/firmware upgrade for LTS NVR LTN8816-P16

Reaction score
The firmware is out of date and LTS support site does not provide an update, just a product manual. What Hikvision firmware equivalent is it and is it safe to upgrade/flash firmware?

LTN8816-P16
16CH H.264 NVR, 4 SATA, 16 POE, AC 100-240V

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is there a particular problem you are having that you know 100% certain that the firmware will fix it and it says so in the release notes?

Most of us here run older firmware if the camera is working for our needs.

Too many instances of cameras bricking or losing a function people were using after they firmware update.

If the release notes do not specifically say it is fixing an issue you have, then you are better off staying where you are, especially trying to flash an OEM.

Reaction score
My issue is that I've configured remote viewing via IP/DDNS several times over the last 5 years. Every 3-6 months it'll stop working, I'll reconfigure, repeat. Now, I've attempted to reconfigure it and it will not work. I've got 3 newer NVRs, one at the same location, that work very well with their PT Cloud service.

So, I want new firmware in the hopes that'll include PT Cloud service for remote viewing of this specific NVR. I appreciate you asking why, but I insist, I understand the risks, and this is the last piece of information I need to have before I sell this one on eBay and buy a new one.

Regardless of whether or not the update fixes my issue, I'd like to get my own eyes on that version number and all those patch notes.

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You do not need necessarily configure dyndns on NVR, but rather on router, hell if then wont gonna work, most likely local connection is not working either.

Reaction score
I've got a static WAN and static LAN. I've got a reservation for the NVR in the router and the http port forwarded. I'm using dvrlists.com for DDNS. I am still unable to see the NVR remotely.

When I've gotten it to work in the past, as stated in my OP, it'll stop working again 3-6 months later.

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What you are doing is giving a rulset in router to access nvr from outside "locally way" hence if you cant do that and you can locally. The problem is in your network/router

Reaction score
Understood, I'll review my network.

What really bothers me is that I've had it up and running for months at a time and then I can't see it. Normally that'd be caused by a public IP lease renewing or a local IP changing, but I've got a static IP.

I'll get eyes on it tomorrow and see if I can get it running again and reply after. Thank you.