Need help with ReoLink Cameras and new Blue Iris Upate - Low FPS

lanep82

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello and good afternoon.

I am currently running 4 Hikvision, 5 Reolink, and 3 Amcrest Cameras on my Intel Core i7 / 16 GB machine.

Up until the last few BI updates, I have had little to no problem with the cameras, except for the Reolink ones.

My latest issues, after the update to BI 4.3.3 is that ALL of my Reolink cams are only getting 2-6 FPS (wth the little yellow exclamation point in each screen). I have the FPS set to 20 in the Reolink config settings and was getting that consistently through BI.

I have tried rebooting the cameras via BI and the Reolink app. Nothing seems to work. I have not powered down and then back on my POE Switch yet, which powers the cameras, however I don't think that is the issue since all of the other (non-reolink) cams seem to be working fine.

My CPU has also jumped up to the 50-60% range after the latest update vs 30-40% before the update. I don't know if the 'broken' Reolink cams have something to do with it but I know I need help so anyhting is appreciated.

My reolink cams are the RLC410 models, by the way.

Thanks in advance.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
if you have it enabled, try disabling the hardware decoding for one of the reolinks to see if it helps.

(enabled globally in options / cameras tab 'Intel HD hardware acceleration', requires restarting BI.
enabled for each cam in camera properties / video / configure)

Mizery1

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the same issue with RLC-420 and 410's. I was already disabled for Intel HD HW acceleration. Not seeing the second option mention above in cam properties. It also has occasional live view distortions (melting affect). BI v 4.3.3.2

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
the per-cam setting for HW accelleration only applies if you have it enabled globally, so that's not involved here.
that said, while it may not be part of your problem, you may want to enable it to lower your cpu usage overall...

what are you cam's frame rates, iframe intervals & bit rate settings at?
try limiting your frame rates in the camera's UI (not BI) and setting the iframe interval to match the framerate.

In BI, you might also try disabling 'use stream/rtsp timestamp' in the cam's video config tab, if not already.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The reolink cameras dont play nice with blue iris..there are a few threads that discuss this...uncheck use rtsp/stream timecode ..also set the receive buffer to 20mb

Mizery1

n3wb
Reaction score
Unchecking rtsp/stream timecode and dropping fps in cam settings didnt make any difference. Went back to v4.3.2.1 and the fps went back to about 29 instead of 4.

wcrowder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Their cameras look like custom branded Dahua's with custom firmware. Looking at reolink's website my guess is they are trying to jump on the "Nest" bandwagon with home automation the cheap way with just a fancy website. Probably are limiting the firmware only to work with their NVRS and products, also Dahua. Just a guess. The RLC-422 is definitely Dahua, I think the rest are also.

<p>
E-mail: service@reo-link.com <br>
Tel: +852-3069-6581<br>
Add: B5-2, 29/F, LEGEND TOWER <br>
7 SHING YIP STREET, KWUN TONG <br>
KOWLOON, HK</p>

Have them fix the issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

lanep82

n3wb
Reaction score
Unchecking rtsp/stream timecode and dropping fps in cam settings didnt make any difference. Went back to v4.3.2.1 and the fps went back to about 29 instead of 4.
How did you revert back to 4.3.2.1?? I really want to do that because this new version is what seemed to start causing all of my probs.

THe RSTP timestamp thing was already disabled for me on all my Reolink cams, due to reading that on a dif thread here.

The hardware acceleration was globally set to 'off' so that's not an issue

The FPS is set at 20. There is no iframe setting within the reolink configs.

Thanks again for all the input

Mizery1

n3wb
Reaction score
I have another PC that still has that version (Demo) on it . Still experimenting back and forth.

lanep82

n3wb
Reaction score
I have another PC that still has that version (Demo) on it . Still experimenting back and forth.
Keep us posted please!~ This is driving me crazy.

In the meantime, if anyone has a direct link to the 4.3.2.1 version, I would greatly appreciate it. Not only are my reolink cams running at 4 FPS, it is also bogging down my i7 to about 90% usage (compared to 30%). I disable the reolink cams, the CPU usage goes down. Weird

Reaction score
I have the same issue with BI and my 4 Reo-Link 410 cameras. About 3FPS or so for each camera. I thought I was going nuts thinking it was something I did to the point I reloaded everything (reformatted the computer, reloaded firmwares on the cameras etc).

I have a second PC I used to test and the previous versions worked great (all except for the last two releases). So I wound up rolling back. Unfortunately I could't find 4.3.2.1 and the only previous version I could find was 4.2.7.1 here:

Mizery1

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried a complete uninstall and reinstall of v4.3.3.2 and re-entered settings from scratch. Still didn't help the Reolinks. Even tried the Generic name. I installed v4.3.2.5 and all is well.

fonetik

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm having the same issue with my Reolink 410. It's not just slow FPS though, the whole timing is out of sync. If I let it go on long enough my video image gets behind by tens of minutes.

Hopefully the next BI update will fix it.

Reaction score
When I installed 4.3.4 today, the new update fixed my issues with the Reo-Link cameras. All working normally again.

Qosmo

n3wb
Reaction score
This helped alot!! I updated my firmware on my Reolink cameras, and now seeing 30 fps. :)