need help with camera settings KNC-HDi47 camera

eggzlot

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a KNC-HDi47 camera. I have played with all the filters/settings in the setup yet I cannot get a good photo.

This one photo attached I just took and its a bright sunny day and it looks awful. I have 2 Lilin cameras and no issues with the color of the images.

I've tried every mix and match combo I could think of and nothing is coming out good - any suggestions? My grass is not purple :)

photo.jpg

eggzlot

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Any tweaks or tinkering I can do to help improve the image?

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
The description says digital day/night camera. That means no IR cut filter. That means it is crap. Replace it with something that is labeled TDN ( true day/night) or something with an IR cut filter If the IR isn't filtered out during the day then colour image looks like crap.. Some mini cams have the filters but no IR LEDs. You can use them with external illuminators if you want though.

eggzlot

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The description says digital day/night camera. That means no IR cut filter. That means it is crap. Replace it with something that is labeled TDN ( true day/night) or something with an IR cut filter If the IR isn't filtered out during the day then colour image looks like crap.. Some mini cams have the filters but no IR LEDs. You can use them with external illuminators if you want though.
Easier said than done - it is part of a intercom/door station unit: http://eholovision.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=249&Itemid=290

I could look to take it off but then re-attaching something new may be past my expertise. Which is why I was hoping I could fiddle with the settings to get something at least decent. the LED's are on the door station itself.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Seems bizarre to me that they'd make a camera like that part of an intercom where it'd be used with visible light most of the time anyway. It's like it was shipped with the wrong lens. You might be able to replace the lens with one that has an IR filtering coating. It'll be useless with any IR illumination at night but the colours will be good during the day. Just add white light at night until the image is good enough. If you just bought it, tell them that it was shipped with the wrong lens. If it's too late or they won't, look for something on M12lenses.com. Maybe email them and tell them what you're trying to do and get their advice. The camera specs say board lens which I bet is a 12mm and probably (not guaranteed) easily swapped. If it's threaded in and there's no or not much glue then it's probably fairly easy.