Need firmware support for my Camhi camera

Reaction score
I have a generic ptz ip camera which looks like the image below and model number is C6F0SgZ3N0P9L2. The firmware of this starts with V16.1.3. Last week there was some network issues with this camera so I thought of upgrading to the latest firmware from ipcam.xin website. I found V16.1.3.5.19-20190902 as the latest but the camera came with firmware V16.1.3.5.19-20191016. This version of firmware was never found and so I downloaded V16.1.3.5.19-20190902 and upgraded the camera to it. The started fine but there is one missing setting and a subsequent problem associated with it. With the original firmware, there was an option to turn off the white led lights permanently from the web UI and also android app but this is now missing. As a result the light leds are automatically switched on at sunset which i dont need. I wish to use only the infrared leds at night but it seems there is no option to turn the white leds off. I have also found that if the camera is rebooted at night while the white led is switched on, after rebooting the infrared leds starts to function and white leds are switched off. I wish someone would be able to get me the original firmware for this or suggest a way to keep the white leds off.

Attachments

Laitram

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a generic ptz ip camera which looks like the image below and model number is C6F0SgZ3N0P9L2. The firmware of this starts with V16.1.3. Last week there was some network issues with this camera so I thought of upgrading to the latest firmware from ipcam.xin website. I found V16.1.3.5.19-20190902 as the latest but the camera came with firmware V16.1.3.5.19-20191016. This version of firmware was never found and so I downloaded V16.1.3.5.19-20190902 and upgraded the camera to it. The started fine but there is one missing setting and a subsequent problem associated with it. With the original firmware, there was an option to turn off the white led lights permanently from the web UI and also android app but this is now missing. As a result the light leds are automatically switched on at sunset which i dont need. I wish to use only the infrared leds at night but it seems there is no option to turn the white leds off. I have also found that if the camera is rebooted at night while the white led is switched on, after rebooting the infrared leds starts to function and white leds are switched off. I wish someone would be able to get me the original firmware for this or suggest a way to keep the white leds off.
Hi Sheminasalam , i have 2 or 3 of that perticular model , all those Chineese Camera are générally the same hardware ( optic/cpu Module ) but they have a ( tweeked Firmware ) modified by the Vendor/Factory to work with the rest of the electronic that they have to add to complete the camera so they can call-it their own.
All those Cams work with ( CamHi and CamHi Pro App.)are call ( HX ) but some Vendor ie.( Ctronics,Genbolt, Dericam, SV3C ) made their own App. but generally they all used the P2P type of this format UID ( XXXX-123456-abcde ) and similar ( C6F0SgZ3N0P9L2 ) different electronic and option give a different option number ( C6F0SgZ3N0PIL2 ) .
So different vendor used different Firmware number but similar scheme, also the Firmware version change with Time/years as the electronic Module is available or not.
Also it is possible that 2 different Vendor have the same ( Optic/Cpu Mainboard )from the same supplier but the rest of the electronic will be different but ( compatible ) so in that case they will have the same Firmware ex.( V16.1.3.5.19 ) from their Website a good exampe of this is SV3C company web site.

This create a big problem for buyers ( us/ customer ) has it s difficult to find-out what is really inside as different AliExpress Vendor do not know what they are selling and even themself since there are almost no documentation and some vendor sell different camera they look the same ( with the same hardware but different Firmware working with different App.ie. ( XMeye,VsMeye,IcSee,Hisee,Esee Full of Advertizing ) those are call ( XM ) with Firmware type V5.00.R02.000807D8.10010.34.

To get back to your issue , your best bet is to communicate with the Vendor that did sold you the Camera ( if they still exist ) and ask for the original Firmware for Backup or the Latest.

The problem is that when they stop selling that Model of Camera they are reluctant to give you the Firmware because if they give you the wrong Firmware it will ( Brick/ render it useless ).
So when you are a good customer ( you bought several product from them ) or you were in good communication they will ask for a Photo of your Firmware Page to prevent transcription error and they will ask their Supplier for the Firmware or they will go to a ( Central Website /Firmware repository ) Like IPCAM.Xin and email you the Firmware.

The solution they have create to limit error since about 2020 there is a button in (Camera Setting) of CamHi App. in (System Setting) CHECK UPDATE.
The camera will Check Online their repository and if there an Update it will ask you if you want to install. But most often when your Cam is old( more than 2 years ) the Check Update button is not there .
In the case you used CamHi pro App. to check for Firmware you go to the ( Gear like Icon ) then Device Information and Last Item ( Check Update ).

When in the past i did order Camera from Vendor i always ask for the Firmware from the Vendor but some Vendor are so small ( did not reply )or went out of business.
I did check in the more than 64 Firmwares i received or Downloaded from IPCAM.Xin or other Company Web site like SV3C support Download section and i do not have that perticular Firmware.

Just so you know it did happen to me before that there was ( no CHECK Update button ) in the CamHi Pro App. with the original Firmware but the vendor did email me a Lastest release of Firmware .Then upon installing the Firmware the App. did show the Check Update Button but Firmware are scarce/not common unless they find a flaw that its easy to correct so their Programmer does the Update.

Firmware update is always a double side sword because it can create more problem than it possibly fix.

That why the general opignon is update only if you are Double sure that the Right Firmware for your camera.
Good luck

Martial
Canada