My WizMind X IPC-HFW71242H-Z-X Camera Showed Up Today

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I zoomed in all the way to see what would happen. Interesting thing is the items on the left in the distance are blurry as usual, but the items close in are still fairly well in focus. I have to wonder if the firmware could fix this?

Dahua 20.jpg

Perimeter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
As far as I understand it, once you set it up, you have to decide on what distance you focus. Then you have to live with that decision while you are away. The lens is not supposed to change focus unless you ask for it. Unless you can set it to some permanent auto-focus setting.

The problem you are facing atm is exactly what I fear to run into, if I would buy a wide aperature lens with a long focal lenght: An extremely narrow depth of field. I don't quite see the advantage yet.

Given that this thing isn't bargain basement and not exactly working to satisfaction, I'd consider returning it too.

As an alternative to get rid of the problem seen, you could clean up your garage... ;)

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I am going to go ahead and mount the camera in the backyard. I want to play with the nighttime video some more and see if I can use the house wall to take up maybe 1/4 of the screen. It will probably be Wednesday before I get it mounted and up and running. We are having a scheduled power outage tomorrow by SoCal Edison. Here is an example of the wall taking up a lot of the video.

ditCamera 1F Relocated 092621.jpg

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
OK, I finally got the camera mounted in the backyard. I have to say the picture is better than I thought it would be. I am resting after the install so I decided to take a progress picture. Looking at the chair covers on the left the pattern shows up pretty good. This is the area that I thought I might have a problem with. Here is the picture. By the way this is pretty much full zoom. Also, no sunlight as this is a cloudy day.Dahua 23.jpg

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Not bad at all!
Actually, I am quite surprised. In the other two locations there were focus problems with one side of the video or the other. I do not see that in this location. What I am having a problem with is the NVR picking up the signal. I may have over done it with eight 4K cameras, even though it is rated for it. I will move it to a third NVR and see if that solves the problem.