My WizMind X IPC-HFW71242H-Z-X Camera Showed Up Today

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
FedEx dropped off my WizMind X IPC-HFW71242H-Z-X camera around noon today. I have already started the preparation work for the installation. By the way this is a 12 MP camera based on a 1/1.7" sensor. So, I hooked it up to my LAN using the Dahua config tool. The 12MP does work on the LAN, but I only have a 4K monitor. So I, am sure it is knocking down the image to fit. However, it is indeed sharp. I have taken some pictures of it laying next to a Dahua 5442E-Z4E, so you can see size differences. It will probably be sometime tomorrow before I get it up and running hooked and into my NVR. I have to rebuild my camera support as I am also moving one of my license plate cameras to the tree. For the tree location I had to paint some parts of the camera black and I have to apply the camouflage tape. All I can say at this point is so far so good. By the way, Thank You Andy.

Specifications are here: IPC-HFW71242H-Z-X (dahuasecurity.com)

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FedEx dropped off my WizMind X IPC-HFW71242H-Z-X camera around noon today. I have already started the preparation work for the installation. By the way this is a 12 MP camera based on a 1/1.8" sensor. So, I hooked it up to my LAN using the Dahua config tool. The 12MP does work on the LAN, but I only have a 4K monitor. So I, am sure it is knocking down the image to fit. However, it is indeed sharp. I have taken some pictures of it laying next to a Dahua 5442E-Z4E, so you can see size differences. It will probably be sometime tomorrow before I get it up and running hooked and into my NVR. I have to rebuild my camera support as I am also moving one of my license plate cameras to the tree. For the tree location I had to paint some parts of the camera black and I have to apply the camouflage tape. All I can say at this point is so far so good. By the way, Thank You Andy.

Specifications are here: IPC-HFW71242H-Z-X (dahuasecurity.com)
very nice ..

IPC-HFW71242H-Z-X
12MP IR Bullet WizMind Network Camera

• 12-MP 1/1.7" CMOS image sensor, low luminance, and high definition image.
  • Outputs max. 12 MP (4000 × 3000)@25/30 fps.
  • Built-in IR LED, and the max. illumination distance is 60 m.
  • ROI, SMART H.264+/H.265+, flexible coding, applicable to various bandwidth and storage environments.
  • Two intelligent functions can be enabled at the same time, such as face recognition+people counting, face detection+people counting and PPE Detection+IVS.
  • With deep learning algorithm, it supports: face recognition, face detection, IVS, people counting, video metadata, PPE Detection, parking space management and ANPR, etc.
  • Alarm: 3 in, 2 out; audio: 1 in, 1 out; RS-485, BNC; supports max. 512 G Micro SD card.
  • 12 VDC/24 VAC/PoE+/ePoE power supply, 12 VDC power output, max. current 165 mA and peak current is 700 mA, easy for installation.
  • IP67 and IK10 protection, Anti-Corrosion coating (optional).

1684195084460.png

1684195110505.png

Attachments

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
"12 VDC/24 VAC/PoE+/ePoE power supply, 12 VDC power output, max. current 165 mA and peak current is 700 mA, easy for installation."

First time I'm seeing this. What's the purpose of 12v out with such a low amperage?

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok, I have the cameras mounted and everything is up and running. The Wizmind X camera is fully extended on the focal length at 12MM. I tried to run it at 12MP on my NVR but the video was choppy, so I dropped it back down to 8MP and everything is fine. I will say the detail is superior to the 5442E-ZE that was in its place. As an example, I have no problem reading license plates on cars going by. I will post a picture below. Also the move of the license plate camera to the tree was a good move. No problem reading plates on cars going by. I now have a clear shot. I also took a close up picture of the cameras mounted in the tree. I have to wonder if a Wizmind X camera with a 8MM to 32MM lens might be a better fit for this location? I will be ordering one in 8MP next month for another location, so I will be able check it out. Anyways, so far so good. Now to wait for it to get dark to see how the night video is.

Dahua 6.jpg

Dahua 7.JPG

Last edited:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I wonder what is inside to make such a big difference? It would be cool if someone popped open one to post a pick. Wonder if there is a lot of wasted space?
I will say this, there is a ton of cables in there for all the things that this camera is capable of. The only one I am using is the RJ-45 connector.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I wonder what is inside to make such a big difference? It would be cool if someone popped open one to post a pick. Wonder if there is a lot of wasted space?
Heater??

Power ConsumptionBasic: 7.3 W (12 VDC); 10.2 W (24 VAC); 10.6 W (PoE)
Max. (ICR switch + IR intensity): 18.2 W (12 VDC); 24.2 W (24 VAC); 24.3 W (PoE)
Heating: 3 W (12 VDC); 4.6 W (24 VAC); 5.47 W (PoE)

My new 5442H-ZHE looks to be in the same case and also has the Heater

Product Dimensions345.6 mm × 134.2 mm × 135.1 mm (13.61" × 5.28" × 5.32") (L × W × H)
Net Weight1.65 kg (3.64 lb)

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok, I have the cameras mounted and everything is up and running. The Wizmind X camera is fully extended on the focal length at 12MM. I tried to run it at 12MP on my NVR but the video was choppy, so I dropped it back down to 8MP and everything is fine. I will say the detail is superior to the 5442E-ZE that was in its place. As an example, I have no problem reading license plates on cars going by. I will post a picture below. Also the move of the license plate camera to the tree was a good move. No problem reading plates on cars going by. I now have a clear shot. I also took a close up picture of the cameras mounted in the tree. I have to wonder if a Wizmind X camera with a 8MM to 32MM lens might be a better fit for this location? I will be ordering one in 8MP next month for another location, so I will be able check it out. Anyways, so far so good. Now to wait for it to get dark to see how the night video is.

View attachment 163249
I think I'd tighen that zoom down a little. You could probably lose a 2/3rds of that picture and get a closer capture of the licence plate without dedicating it to licence plate only. I'd try closing it down to the outer edge of the lampost on the right and a 2/3rds along the wall on the left. If yous till want the pavement you could tilt down slowly but I'm guessing your other camera captures that.

This is the kind of crop I'd go for with a general camera that's LP also as opposed to dedicated LP camera:

Crop.jpg

Can I send you an AR to be wrapped ?
Can I send a water pistol? :(

I'd send you a warning sign, my other permitted weapon but I think wrapping that would be about as Darwin as the guy I knew who oiled his squeeking brakes....

I like the cameras in the trees btw. Looks like they're nesting. I wonder if they'll have babies?

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
^He has a camera literally right next to this for LPR, so I think this camera is more for overview and his comment was simply that in the daytime this camera could produce an image that could read a plate compared to the previous camera that was there for roughly the same field of view.

Plus he said he was at max zoom already with this camera, so he would have to move the camera closer to get your cropped field of view :lmao:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
^He has a camera literally right next to this for LPR, so I think this camera is more for overview and his comment was simply that in the daytime this camera could produce an image that could read a plate compared to the previous camera that was there for roughly the same field of view.

Plus he said he was at max zoom already with this camera, so he would have to move the camera closer to get your cropped field of view :lmao:
You are correct. So far the night time image is mixed. I need to play with the adjustments some more. One of the problems is that it is staying light later and past my bedtime. hahahahahaha

CaptainCrunch

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Have you noticed any movement in the image from the tree moving in the wind? I suspect any swaying might be magnified to more the cameras are zoomed. Or were you able to stabilize the tree?

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you noticed any movement in the image from the tree moving in the wind? I suspect any swaying might be magnified to more the cameras are zoomed. Or were you able to stabilize the tree?
Not at this time. However, in the past there has been some movement, but it has not affected the quality of the video.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score

I must have misunderstood. I thought this was the 12mm he'd deployed.