my camera t907. program says invalid device name

shellroc2

n3wb
Reaction score
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]I just got a new pc, with windows 10. I have the cd with version 3, so used it to download it to new pc. it doesnt recognize the camera, nor is it in the drop down list. I cant manually put it in either. I export camera from old pc and put info on new, still no recognition . can anyone help me?[/FONT]

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just got a new pc, with windows 10. I have the cd with version 3, so used it to download it to new pc. it doesnt recognize the camera, nor is it in the drop down list. I cant manually put it in either. I export camera from old pc and put info on new, still no recognition . can anyone help me?
Dont use the disc, you are installing a very old version without the updates. Download the full and latest 3.66 from the website. scroll to the bottom . http://blueirissoftware.com/updates/
I would strongly suggest, that before doing this and wasting time dealing with v3, you upgrade to version 4 as is has many new features and is only 30 dollars for the upgrade

shellroc2

n3wb
Reaction score
I did go online and download version 4.. went into demo. still the same problem

shellroc2

n3wb
Reaction score
I bought them from blue iris.. model T-907. thats all the box says..(about 3-4 yrs ago) also, BI dont have my camera listed in the drop down list..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I bought them from blue iris.. model T-907. thats all the box says..(about 3-4 yrs ago) also, BI dont have my camera listed in the drop down list..
No you did not buy them from blue iris. Blue iris is a software package and does not sell any cameras. You need to know the camera BRAND to find it on the list. Look at the camera what does it say on the camera. Google shows no result of a t907 ip camera.
You can try this https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/4099-How-to-add-camera-to-BI-that-is-not-in-the-drop-down-list

shellroc2

n3wb
Reaction score
also, on my windows vista.. the camera is listed as CamGuard USB TV! Pro Vision Capture (2+)

shellroc2

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried the link you posted.. it didnt work...this all sounds like "Im doing something wrong".. but, believe me,, I try every and anything..Im a push button fool.. LOL
I also have a separate disk with BI usb driver.. thats what I use for my vista pc.. it works fine...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I tried the link you posted.. it didnt work...this all sounds like "Im doing something wrong".. but, believe me,, I try every and anything..Im a push button fool.. LOL
I also have a separate disk with BI usb driver.. thats what I use for my vista pc.. it works fine...
Are you using an analog camera with a USB capture card? if so forget it, it likely does not have a windows 10 driver. Time to upgrade to IP cameras.

shellroc2

n3wb
Reaction score
sorry, but this is where you loose me.. dont know what a usb capture card is.. all I know is the cameras work with vista...so, Im guessing you're telling me, that, I have an analog camera, hence, camguard usb, etc... vision "capture"???? did you see the previous post about the camera info???

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
sorry, but this is where you loose me.. dont know what a usb capture card is.. all I know is the cameras work with vista...so, Im guessing you're telling me, that, I have an analog camera, hence, camguard usb, etc... vision "capture"???? did you see the previous post about the camera info???
Does the camera connect to the pc by usb? or you connect the camera to the capture card then the card to the pc?
Take a picture.

shellroc2

n3wb
Reaction score
I connect the camera from the receiver box, via USB. correction>>>> the camera is connected to wall outlet.. the receiver is connected from wall to pc via usb

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I connect the camera from the receiver box, via USB.
post a picture
sounds like an analog camera and usb capture. Dont waste time with it. Undrestand that this is not a blue iris issue but rather a driver issue with your capture card and windows 10 and/or 32 bit vs 64bit. You can try installing the vista driver in compatibly mode, but i doubt it will work.