Moving on from 2020 Lorex Nk264-89AB 9 Camera System?

arsnwba

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

I bought this 16ch 9 camera NVR POE bundle at costco 3.5 years ago. I never installed it due to various life situations including health. I’ve recently just popped open the box and while half way done through the install (my own cat6) I realized the tech probably has improved and i should consider a return on this. and get something latest.

I am open to desktop BI as well

I would be looking at 9-10 camera system with priority on night performance.

What are some recommendations based on todays available cameras/systems?

Alaska Country

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You may be well past the CostCo electronics return time.

For digital POE camera the use of CAT-5 is good enough. No need for a better version as it is generally rated at 350 megs. A Dahua camera comes in around the 10 meg bandwidth range.

Read through the threads to get an idea of what is being used and suggestions from others. There is a lot of information on this site that you will find of use.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You may be well past the CostCo electronics return time.

For digital POE camera the use of CAT-5 is good enough. No need for a better version as it is generally rated at 350 megs. A Dahua camera comes in around the 10 meg bandwidth range.

Read through the threads to get an idea of what is being used and suggestions from others. There is a lot of information on this site that you will find of use.
I do not believe the NVR and surveillance cameras are subject to the 90 day limit. They are very specific as to what items covered and when they write cameras they mean photo cameras like their nikons. They certainly dont mention NVR's. There are threads on this where they have taken them back even after years.