motion tracking on SD5A425XA-HNR

arec

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I bought the SD5A425XA-HNR based on feedback from @EMPIRETECANDY and @wittaj a while ago. I finally got it mounted and setup, and wow the image and image are zoom incredible.

I've been going thru the Dahua Network Speed Dome & PTZ - Camera Web 3.0 - User’s Manual and learning all the nice features, and setting them up in the webui. I've played with tour, scan, pattern, etc, and all work as expected with good results.

The one thing I'm not seeing is how to do motion tracking. In the manual, section 5.5.4 on page 122, shows a button for enabling Auto Tracking, under Settings -> Event -> Smart Plan that looks like this:

Screenshot from 2023-03-14 22-31-54.png

I don't see that icon at all. Under global I only see the icons for Video Metadata, and Face Detection. If I add one of my presets, the presets have icons for Face Detection, Deep IVS, and Video Metadata. Here's what my webui looks like:

smartplan.png

Can someone please tell me how I do auto tracking with this camera?

Thanks,
Andy

arec

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for that @EMPIRETECANDY, I was able to follow that guide and setup some tripwires.

Does auto-tracking only work from preset views? I was hoping I can leave the camera in scan mode, sweeping back and forth, then start tracking once something is detected. Is that possible?

Thanks again!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Nope. Tracking needs to have rules setup and that is only in presets.

Plus you don't want it in scan mode as they are only good for so many cycles. We have seen people hit that limit in less than 3 years.

The better method is to use fixed cameras as spotter cams to tell the PTZ where to look and then start tracking.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
aha, right now the PTZ still not such smart, need more learning on AI, hope one day can support it. :)

arec

n3wb
Reaction score
Nope. Tracking needs to have rules setup and that is only in presets.

Plus you don't want it in scan mode as they are only good for so many cycles. We have seen people hit that limit in less than 3 years.

The better method is to use fixed cameras as spotter cams to tell the PTZ where to look and then start tracking.

Thank you for that info and link. I found it very helpful.