Motion Stopped Working

bstromski

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm doing a trial of blue iris (will most likely end up buying once i get this motion stuff working), and I've run into some issues with the motion detection and recording. Long story short, I have a couple hikvision cams running blue iris on my windows 7 media center. I downloaded the trial and had it working pretty much how i wanted but the CPU was getting pegged, so i ended up upgrading my system to i5 kaby lake and 16G memory. My trial had lapsed at this time, but blue iris support told me how to renew the registration.

Once i renewed the registration and began setting up the configurations in more granularity my motion and video triggering simply stopped working.

my CPU load looks to be down now, which is good, but this is pretty much a hard no unless i can get the motion triggering working again. I'm sure i misconfigured something, but after looking online i can't seem to figure out what!

Please let me know if you guys see anything incorrect:

schedule.PNG clips_archive.PNG camera.PNG record.PNG trigger.PNG motion_zone.PNG

Thanks,
Ben

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
you have not posted all the motion settings...
when is this happening? you understand that profile 3 is only active at the times you set in the schedule..
its is certainly a user error..

bstromski

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey Fenderman, thanks for the fast reply! Yea, I'm sure this is a user error as well :(

Yea I've used a few of the different profiles for different times in the day, setting the motion triggering for the times i care about (none of them work however).

Is there anything else i can post to make identifying this mistake easier?

Thanks again,
Ben

bstromski

n3wb
Reaction score
Hmm, it seems when i only use one profile it works as expected. Does anyone else use multiple profiles under the system schedule, or do most people do schedules per camera?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm, it seems when i only use one profile it works as expected. Does anyone else use multiple profiles under the system schedule, or do most people do schedules per camera?
using multiple profiles will not affect recording...generally using the global profile is easiest...remember that all motion settings are profile specific....make sure you are not making a mistake somewhere.

bstromski

n3wb
Reaction score
Found the issue, the 'active during profiles' check boxes weren't checked for all of the profiles! Thanks for the quick help though, i really appreciate it!

I did have one more question however; I installed a camera in my ally, which is somewhat subject to both foot traffic as well as vehicle traffic. Is there a way to limit the motion detection to only foot traffic? Possible limit the size of the object for motion triggering?

Thanks,
Ben