Motion detect recording starts too late

pvlier

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys, been at this problem for days now so I think it's time to ask for help :)

I implemented a dahua setup at a guy's place containing a dahua nvr (v4) and 11 dahua ip cams. Most cams are on the LAN, a few directly at the nvr poe ports. I've setup simple MD.

A few weeks ago the guy rang me and explained that motion seemed to be detected too late as most recordings start when a person or car is in the center or leaving it. The objects are big enough to trigger detection I believe.

I set pre-record to 30secs to compensate for late detection but that doesn't do anything. There are md recordings of 10secs, so 30 sec prerecord definitely isn't working.

In nvr md region settings I set sensitivity ridiculously high (70-80) and threshold ridiculously low (3) to make sure MD is triggered at start of someone/something coming into fov, still no difference.

I also started playing with some IVS rules and as I'm remote I have to wait for some time to see if it works but for now I don't want to go down that road yet. I really need to know what makes MD trigger/record too late and why pre-record isn't working.

The guy does not want to setup continuous recording as he thinks it is a Workaround and MD should work as expected: when a large enough object (person) enters the fov the nvr should record and I agree that should be possible using simple MD with correct settings.

Because I'm remote and some cams are on poe ports I cannot access cams directly to check settings.

Can someone help get MD and pre-record working correctly? At my phone now so don't have nvr and cam types at hand now, if needed or settings, please let me know and I'll post asap.

Last edited:

pvlier

n3wb
Reaction score
I hope you didnt charge this guy....
I did when installing but not when working this problem. I know I'm not nearly as experienced/knowledged as you guys have but did my bit of learning to get the basics and setting up md (started when smd and ai weren't around) and have setup quite a few. Other setups with identical hw work perfectly so really anxious to find out what is causing this problem.

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I did when installing but not when working this problem. I know I'm not nearly as experienced/knowledged as you guys have but did my bit of learning to get the basics and setting up md (started when smd and ai weren't around) and have setup quite a few. Other setups with identical hw work perfectly so really anxious to find out what is causing this problem.
How can you charge someone to install a camera system when you have little experience? God only knows what else is done incorrectly....
This is another great example for members of this forum of why you need to do it yourself or at least verify experience..