Motherboard for NVR

sparker1

n3wb
Reaction score
I have some Techage chinese cameras and an NVR. Both have given good reliable service but the motherboard is damaged from electrolytic material from the wireless chip. I have seen NVR motherboards for sale and I can't see any reason why these wouldn't work with my wireless cameras. Are there any compatibility issues I should be aware of?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have seen NVR motherboards for sale and I can't see any reason why these wouldn't work with my wireless cameras. Are there any compatibility issues I should be aware of?
You'll need to be a lot more specific - that's such an open-ended question with no detail that it's impossible to give a helpful response.

sparker1

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry to be so vague. I've attached photos of the motherboard and in the second one I tried to show the damage to the wireless chip but it doesn't show the "spill" on the motherboard between the chip and that 4 pin connector. The cameras are 3MP 1080P wireless/wired option cameras. I have seen similar motherboards but if the cameras are locked to a techage board it would be a waste of money. I have contacted Techage to see if they would sell another board but no esponse so far.

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is cleaning the board, neutralizing the electrolyte then coating the area not feasible or did other components suffer damage?

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I wonder if they(the cameras) would connect to a dedicated Wireless router, and then plug the NVR into the router..... and see if you can limp along like that for awhile

sparker1

n3wb
Reaction score
Is cleaning the board, neutralizing the electrolyte then coating the area not feasible or did other components suffer damage?
Hi Tony, The problem is that the chip has that shield on it so It's hard to clean the chip up. I think it's kaput.

sparker1

n3wb
Reaction score
I wonder if they(the cameras) would connect to a dedicated Wireless router, and then plug the NVR into the router..... and see if you can limp along like that for awhile
Good thought. I gave my spare router away but I may be able to get a test one. Whether it would work depends on what other components have been damaged, as Tony said.

sparker1

n3wb
Reaction score
It seems the cameras/NVR are programed to use ESEECLOUD for mobile phone viewing so just buying any NVR may not work. I have found some NVR's that have this app for around $60 Australian. I think I'll go that way. Techage contacted me but their suggestion was about three times the cost of competitors.