More SD4A425DB-HNY captures from the 1st floor. This thing is a beast.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
I wanted to share some videos of my SD4A425DB-HNY after moving it from the 2nd story soffit down to the 1st floor soffit. So far, I am far from disappointed. I know it does not have a lot of distance to work with to determine human and then track, but it seems to be figuring it out. @EMPIRETECANDY

I am surprised at how quickly the onboard AI determined there were people in this golf cart and how it was able to keep up with them. They are doing every bit of 20mph. IVS rule is set to Human and NOT Motor Vehicles.

It was also able to quickly pick up on my fast walking neighbor as he broke the tripwire just past my tree. I would like to know what he was saying to himself... At one point it seems as if he made eye contact with the PTZ...

The 4K-X spotter is putting in work too.

Last edited:

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Great auto tracking and nice video quality, but the neighbors all seem to notice the auto tracking of SD4A425DB-HNY mini ptz. So, it might not be as inconspicuous as I thought after all.

Is it because of the ptz motor sound or they can see the camera moving at that distance?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Great auto tracking and nice video quality, but the neighbors all seem to notice the auto tracking of SD4A425DB-HNY mini ptz. So, it might not be as inconspicuous as I thought after all.

Is it because of the ptz motor sound or they can see the camera moving at that distance?
Can't watch it, his friends know that cam can track. :cool:

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score

I don't think they are really noticing it. I think where they are looking is just coincidence. Unless you know that the center section of the dome is clear, you can't really tell which way it is pointing.

There are times it sounds like Wall-E, but I don't know if most people would know what/where the sound was. My neighbor was sitting on the front porch underneath the camera last night and she never made a comment about what the noise was.
I use SD50232GB-HNR as it has dark color glass cover and no one can see themselves being autotracked.

Here is an example:
The SD4A425B-HNY is a black dome as well.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Speaking of a PTZ and tracking people in a golf cart, that happened to me yesterday. First time I have noticed it. My PTZ is a DH-SD5A425XA-HNR. By the way I just have mine tracking people. Too much automobile traffic and I do not want to wear it out.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
Speaking of a PTZ and tracking people in a golf cart, that happened to me yesterday. First time I have noticed it. My PTZ is a DH-SD5A425XA-HNR. By the way I just have mine tracking people. Too much automobile traffic and I do not want to wear it out.
Mine is set to people only as well.

CaptainCrunch

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I wanted to share some videos of my SD4A425DB-HNY after moving it from the 2nd story soffit down to the 1st floor soffit. So far, I am far from disappointed. I know it does not have a lot of distance to work with to determine human and then track, but it seems to be figuring it out. @EMPIRETECANDY

I am surprised at how quickly the onboard AI determined there were people in this golf cart and how it was able to keep up with them. They are doing every bit of 20mph. IVS rule is set to Human and NOT Motor Vehicles.

It was also able to quickly pick up on my fast walking neighbor as he broke the tripwire just past my tree. I would like to know what he was saying to himself... At one point it seems as if he made eye contact with the PTZ...

This is some good news. We have golf cart and 4-wheeler traffic. Almost all of them are driven reasonably. It looks like I can track people and ignore vehicles and still get the golf carts and maybe 4-wheelers.

It looks like you have a spotter cam for the ptz as well as auto-track. Please let me know if I have this right. The ptz watches a default preset and auto-tracks. The spotter cam detects people and triggers the ptz to move to a new preset. While at that new preset, the auto-track kicks in and does its thing. Once that tracking is done, it returns to the original preset. Do I understand that right?

mattp

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This is some good news. We have golf cart and 4-wheeler traffic. Almost all of them are driven reasonably. It looks like I can track people and ignore vehicles and still get the golf carts and maybe 4-wheelers.

It looks like you have a spotter cam for the ptz as well as auto-track. Please let me know if I have this right. The ptz watches a default preset and auto-tracks. The spotter cam detects people and triggers the ptz to move to a new preset. While at that new preset, the auto-track kicks in and does its thing. Once that tracking is done, it returns to the original preset. Do I understand that right?
You have that right.

Reaction score
I don't think they are really noticing it. I think where they are looking is just coincidence. Unless you know that the center section of the dome is clear, you can't really tell which way it is pointing.
Sorry, but that couple looked right at the cam, smiled, and she waved. They could tell.

Could you post a photo of the cam from the position of the couple?

1684775099506.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe they were waving just knowing cameras are watching them.

You cannot see this tracking. Maybe under a certain light condition you may see the clear, but it is hard to tell. When I was testing mine it was hard to tell.

CaptainCrunch

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sorry, but that couple looked right at the cam, smiled, and she waved. They could tell.

View attachment 163790
Something gets his attention at about the same time that she waves. She is looking away from him and likely wouldn't notice his slight head turn towards the thing. She doesn't say anything before she waves at the thing. So she sees the thing and waves at about the same time he notices the thing. And neither one are looking up, they are looking over. I would bet they are not looking at the camera in this picture. They are both looking at something in the general area of the camera but at a lower elevation. I would bet the thing is a person in the yard or on a porch right below the location of the camera.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score

View attachment 163790
Um, they were waving back to my mother-in-law on the front porch... The PTZ is mounted on the corner directly above where they are seated. If the neighbor and MIL did not hear, and question, Wall-E moving around (literally right above their heads), then I doubt this couple did either.

It's not as :paranoid: as you are thinking.

Packages 2023-05-21 05.34.54.778 PM.jpg

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I get LOTS of 'em- None with plates yet... ;)
Home_PTZ_main_20230512134130_@5.jpg

Some get picked up by spotters Human Only filter, some by Vehicle Only (I separate these to get license plates), and some miss on my spotters and just get autotracked...
View attachment Home_ch7_20230521172614_20230521172642.mp4

Last edited:
Reaction score
Um, they were waving back to my mother-in-law on the front porch... The PTZ is mounted on the corner directly above where they are seated. If the neighbor and MIL did not hear, and question, Wall-E moving around (literally right above their heads), then I doubt this couple did either.

It's not as :paranoid: as you are thinking.
Thanks for clearing this up for me. I do appreciate it.

biosolid

n3wb
Reaction score

Thanks for posting - Andy thanks you too - had to go buy one! LOVE IT!