Mini-review: Dahua VCS-SH30 PoE speaker

ATX

n3wb
Reaction score
I bought the Dahua VCS-SH30 PoE speaker from @EMPIRETECANDY a while back and finally got around to mounting it outside.

For pole mounting I used the PK-088 kit from Polycase.

The speaker has 512MB internal memory and supports expansion via MicroSD slot. I installed a Samsung Pro Plus 128GB MicroSD and the full capacity is recognized.

Speaker amp power is 15W, which is plenty loud for my use.

The SIP protocol support is pretty useless (to me) as it limits you to 8KHz audio (G.711 codec).

Best audio quality is achieved by uploading MP3s to the speaker and playing from storage.

Here's a python script you can use to upload and play MP3s.

If anyone from Dahua is reading this: please open source the firmware so we can add support for a modern streaming protocol like AirPlay.

Dahua-VCS-SH30-MicroSD.jpg
View attachment speaker.mp4

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is there more (connector, fitting, bushing, etc.) that you didn't show where the CAT cable enters that threaded entrance?
I ask because surely that doesn't look like it would be OK outdoors. :cool:

ATX

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there more (connector, fitting, bushing, etc.) that you didn't show where the CAT cable enters that threaded entrance?
Yes :) The threaded metal cap (seals with a giant O-ring) is removed in that photo to reveal the MicroSD slot.

The end of the cable has a waterproof Ethernet connector and a DC power input (optional, since PoE is supported).

I thought it is just a normal speaker, :D but This one price is high. 300usd+.
It is indeed pricey, but if you actually need a PoE speaker there's not much competition. Axis makes one, but of course being Axis it's even more expensive (around 600 USD).

Last edited: