Mini PTZ 2nd Gen: 2016 PTZ Camera of the year!

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just confirming motion detection region works as expected. Add this to another reason to upgrade to v2.
Does v2 come with sd card slot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acvb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
card slot = yes.... pull off black front cover... kind of hard to do.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I didn't try it because I couldn't get the cover off, but someone mentioned that card slot in v2 is sealed

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I didn't try it because I couldn't get the cover off, but someone mentioned that card slot in v2 is sealed
Hmmm...I just seen a link somewhere around here.it showed 2nd generation huisun with card slot.i forgot where I seen it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, it looks like there is one, but like I said someone tried it and it was sealed, could be an option

GaretJax

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello all,

Is there anyway to install these cams on the underside of a soffet vent or will they only install on a vertical wall?

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Hello all,

Is there anyway to install these cams on the underside of a soffet vent or will they only install on a vertical wall?
That is the one thing holding me back from ordering one of these. You can't invert it because you won't have much tilt the way you need it. I'll either have to figure out something similar to what @pozzello is talking about, or a piece of wood attached to the fascia, or find a vertical wall further back on the patio where I want to use it.

Last edited by a moderator:

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is it worth it to go for the 10 x?
Depends on your situation and how much area you want to cover at one specific time. If you've got a small yard, then definitely go for the 4x. If you've got a large yard, but only want to cover a small area at a time and/or the ability to zoom in close to something far away, then go for the 10x.

Chaddy5552

n3wb
Reaction score
I guess I'll go with the 10x just in case, only a few dollars more.

Is this the model everyone here is recommending?

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I guess I'll go with the 10x just in case, only a few dollars more.

Is this the model everyone here is recommending?
You really need to be aware of the FOV to make the choice between the 4x and the 10x. I've got my 10x out at the street and can take full advantage of it's 10x (51mm) zoom. I just bought the 4x because it'll be in my back yard on my shed facing the house where I really need the greater FOV that it's 2.8mm lens gives (over the 5.1mm of the unzoomed 10x).

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
You really need to be aware of the FOV to make the choice between the 4x and the 10x. I've got my 10x out at the street and can take full advantage of it's 10x (51mm) zoom. I just bought the 4x because it'll be in my back yard on my shed facing the house where I really need the greater FOV that it's 2.8mm lens gives (over the 5.1mm of the unzoomed 10x).
Same thing, I have 10x at the front and 3x at the back (which will be replaced by 4x).

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Is this generation camera motion detect to SD card working better than the first generation?

Bill

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Is this generation camera motion detect to SD card working better than the first generation?

Bill
I never tested SD card, don't know, but I am using motion detection feature and just send email notifications and it's an improvement in terms of no false alarms during day/night transition.