Mini NVR 2 Playback and delete old records issue

tharu85

n3wb
Reaction score
I bought Mini NVR 2 box from Aliexpress and setup it with external 4TB HDD.

http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/brORWfpq

The device is showing that videos are recording. But when I try to playback old videos, sometimes player screen becomes blank and some times it load the video, but it doesn't play. Any one use this product and face same issue ?. or can any one help me to resolve this ?

My second issue is how to delete old video records automatically after some days past. Say 10 days. Please help me any one who knows this ?

Attachments

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In the options, if you select "overwrite" once the hard drive becomes full, it will overwrite the oldest video first. Depending on hard drive size, encoding options, etc. the amount of time/days you get could range from a week to a month.

The other issue, it could be too high a bitrate on your camera setup and it's making the camera freeze and even though it shows it's recording, it's not actually recording. It could be a few factors, or down to what fenderman said, just junk as there may be no solution besides firmware or nothing at all.

tharu85

n3wb
Reaction score
@badmop, What do you mean by bit rate, Is it frame rate of the IP camera or not ?. I am using Hikvision 3MP camera and I have set video recording @1080P on each channel main stream with frame rate of 25.

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Frame rate is different, which can vary from 1 FPS to 30 FPS FPS=frames per second

Change your framerate to 15 and see how it works out.