Meth Head at the House

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've had cameras for several years, but never captured much besides wild life. A couple of days ago at 12:40 am, a guy strung out on drugs decided to spend 2-3 minutes looking at our unlocked (lock was broken) garage entry door, before going in and wandering around. The garage is remote from the house. He then came up the drive, went straight to the window of my shop and looked in. Then left, went to Town hall and stole a truck. He wrecked it 15 minutes later. When I found him on the video the next morning, I called the police, who came out wondering if it was the same fellow. Although the cameras were both temporary, and hardly optimized, the capture was good enough to ID him as the guy who stole the truck. The camera in the garage was sitting on a lawn mower because I had not completed the install, was testing the Ubiquiti M5, and it was the first night the camera was at the garage.

In the garage

At the house:

Robert hocevar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It takes a lot of balls to go into someones property uninvited. Then when they get shot by a homeowner everyone gets there titties in a uproar! and all the talk about addicts need treatment and rehab. come into my house univited in the middle of the night while my wife and children are there and I'll give them all the fucking rehab and treatment they can ask for!

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes, he was known to police, and is definitely a tweaker. The full color field mug shot of him at the police station before they transported him to jail, showed him beat up from falling down so much. I am refining the cameras to get better shots. One thing this shows is his phone light definitely makes ID shots harder!

Reaction score
It takes a lot of balls to go into someones property uninvited. Then when they get shot by a homeowner everyone gets there titties in a uproar! and all the talk about addicts need treatment and rehab. come into my house univited in the middle of the night while my wife and children are there and I'll give them all the fucking rehab and treatment they can ask for!
It's a common theme on Nextdoor in my area, too.

"Oh, if only the (city, state, federal) government would put more money into mental health resources, we could help them!"

What is rarely mentioned, of course, is that most of them repeatedly turn down all offers of mental health assistance. The mentally ill have the right to decline treatment, and that's exactly what they do.

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I am very sad this morning. The officer that came to investigate this, and one we saw several other times, was shot early this morning. He is a very nice guy, and we are praying for his recovery.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Something like that occurred with me. One of the local police officers who had come to my house to review video footage was killed on the freeway. He was off duty at the time. I still have his card. He was involved in an auto accident and had his son with him. His son survived without any problems.

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Unfortunately, he died about 30 minutes ago. Two of my cameras recorded sounds of the gunshots about 0.8 miles away. No publicly released suspect names at this time, but the reward currently sits at $20,000.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Unfortunately, he died about 30 minutes ago. Two of my cameras recorded sounds of the gunshots about 0.8 miles away. No publicly released suspect names at this time, but the reward currently sits at $20,000.
Wow, so sad. Any chance you caught anything on your system around that time that could assist?

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have a close friend's son on the Kingsport, TN police department.
Kingsport police and swat, possibly with FBI and US Marshals arrested the suspect. I have his name, but it has not been released yet. I'll be looking for a picture to see if I have him on my cameras after midnight wandering around.

@wittaj I checked my footage, and three vehicles came by around or after the shooting. I can hear sirens within 90 seconds of the shooting. So probably not anything useful. But, the investigators were notified and I'm saving the video in case they want it.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Kingsport police and swat, possibly with FBI and US Marshals arrested the suspect. I have his name, but it has not been released yet. I'll be looking for a picture to see if I have him on my cameras after midnight wandering around.

@wittaj I checked my footage, and three vehicles came by around or after the shooting. I can hear sirens within 90 seconds of the shooting. So probably not anything useful. But, the investigators were notified and I'm saving the video in case they want it.
I will see if my friends son has info on this. He is on the Kingsport SWAT team.

Last edited:

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This made Fox. The story popped up this morning on their phone app.
I view this as positive because in recent history (10 years), this kind of thing would have never made national news for a single officer killed without lurid circumstances. Maybe things and attitudes are changing!

I will see if my friends son has info on this. He is on the Kingsport SWAT team.
My understanding is that SWAT was there, but it was a non-incident. Although the hotel room window was busted out. Be interesting to hear his take on it.