Mark events/motion on timeline when recording continuously (24/7)

fevis

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello

I have set my 4 cams up to record 24/7 to a Hikvision NVR. Is it not possible to mark events/motiondetection on the timeline when you do this?
At the moment it only marks with blue, even tho motion detection is enabled.
I am using default software that are installed on NVR. Same thing when i visit NVR in a internet browser.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
What model of NVR and what version of firmware is running on it?
It would be really good to have this facility on the web GUI.
It is possible via the VGA/HDMI output under the 'Smart' selection of playback with the newest versions of firmware. Let's hope Hikvision are in the process of re-using the code to provide the same feature via the web GUI.
I tested it out using the 3.3.4 firmware on a 7816N-E2 with just (motion or alarm) events and also with continuous and alarm events, sample screenshot (literally) below:

Attachments

fevis

n3wb
Reaction score
I can see events like this if i am viewing directly from the NVR but was hoping this was also possible from the browser. Guess this is not possible then. Any other software that will let me do this?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
At the moment it only marks with blue, even tho motion detection is enabled.
I am using default software that are installed on NVR. Same thing when i visit NVR in a internet browser.
Sorry, I read from your post above that it didn't work on either interface (my italics)

hereu

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This info should show in the log tab (next to playback)

You can edit what is shown on your log tab in your NVR settings in menu/ maintenance/ log information

It's not perfect but would only take a few seconds to find your motion events.