Man Sleeping In Truck Overnight In Front Of My House

Interpon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nice camera, i may get off my hik camera software and try the @fenderman software and try a few dahua cams mainly that ptz from empire candy. Its not the money, just i know the hik cams and software that works good for me, just not sure if blueiris better? Or what i would lose from the hik 4200 4500

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Nice camera, i may get off my hik camera software and try the @fenderman software and try a few dahua cams mainly that ptz from empire candy. Its not the money, just i know the hik cams and software that works good for me, just not sure if blueiris better? Or what i would lose from the hik 4200 4500
I dont have any software...I buy and use blue iris...blue iris light years ahead of ivms..many threads discussing same.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Andy this camera is the Dahua PTZ DH-PTZ1A225U-IRA-N that you sold me. Much, much better night vision than the replacement. I noticed an ice chest in the bed of the truck. Later today I will put up the video of them leaving this morning. A little better picture of the girl, but still not a good look at the face. However she does look promising though. Hahahahahaha.

Now if he had just rolled down his window like he did the other night I could have had a good picture of her. A real good look at him in the up coming video. I was wondering what they do for bathroom facilities. I went over and looked around the area but I did not see anything except some of their trash which I picked up.
That is great, this model we keep stocks now, so no need to wait. This ptz is very nice~

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
By the way the very first still picture at the very beginning of this thread is from the same type camera that is mounted at the front of the house. Notice that you can even read the license plate in the dark.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
By the way the very first still picture at the very beginning of this thread is from the same type camera that is mounted at the front of the house. Notice that you can even read the license plate in the dark.
Really, this ptz can watch the LP in the night, can share us some pics or videos? Thanks @Parley !

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Taking a closer look at the sensor specs for this I'm wondering what sensor is in this model. Specs for the sensor are about the same as some of the other higher end 2mp starlight ptzs. Some very impressive detail like the face through the window.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Really, this ptz can watch the LP in the night, can share us some pics or videos? Thanks @Parley !
Andy, only if there are no car lights on as in the very first picture. If there are car lights on then only rarely. Here is an example of one of those situations. The way I have the camera set up, the car with lights on has to be stopped or moving slowly like turning slowly around a corner and then only sometimes.

front_IP Camera6_front_20180708212554_1217628.jpg

Last edited:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Let me add to the above. A man down the street had a couple thousand dollars of tools stolen out of his truck early in the morning(still dark). He knew I had cameras and asked me to take a look. We looked and as he was turning the corner you could see the fuzzy numbers on the plate but not clear enough to identify them. However an agency such as the FBI could run the picture through filters and probably make them out. Our local PD does not have that capability. Now if it had been something like a murder case then they would probably have done something with it such as sending the video out to a lab etc.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
However an agency such as the FBI could run the picture through filters and probably make them out.
It would probably require a combination of filtering (more accurately a bit of convolution, wavelets, and neural networks) followed by interpolation of all of the frames. The question would be can you overcome the noise of low light night footage.

WA3PNT

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have searched for the forum thread in which the PTZ DH-PTZ1A225U-IRA-N was discussed, and cannot find it.

I am considering this PTZ, and want to look over any reviews and installation info.

Can someone please post a link to the forum activity on this PTZ?

Thanks
RodeoGeorge

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I called the local police department and had them run the plate number. He said they do live in the area and have no outstanding warrants or anything. So for entertainment purposes I will let this ride for now. By the way I went over to see if there was a urine spot and there could well be one. Also found two freshly minted pennies which probably fell out of his pockets as he was putting on his pants.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I called the local police department and had them run the plate number. He said they do live in the area and have no outstanding warrants or anything. So for entertainment purposes I will let this ride for now. By the way I went over to see if there was a urine spot and there could well be one. Also found two freshly minted pennies which probably fell out of his pockets as he was putting on his pants.
FYI - homeless count is getting high in states which have been hit by the housing bubble..

recently saw a news piece on "working homeless" in the bay area who had 2 jobs and couldn't afford rent. ( welcome to the gig economy - they were uber drivers + some other job )

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Here is the video of them getting ready to leave this morning. A wet spot on curb which is probably from him taking a leak.