Lost forum access and forced to change a still valid email address....why??

Starglow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I recently lost the ability to make new posts or respond to posts on this forum, supposedly because they couldn't verify my email address which is still active and valid. I had to switch to using a different email address to restore access privileges. I sent a message to "Contact Us" but never got any response. Why did this happen since nothing changed on my end??

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Several months ago IPCT could not verify my outlook acct which I had been using for a couple years so I changed to another. I assumed it was just a little glitch in the system.

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
I also experienced this starting about 2-3 weeks ago. I changed to one of my other email accounts... it worked for 3-4 days, then the same issue occurred.

I switched it back to the orig email... and it's been working ever since <knock:knock> (about a week now)

edit: the message I received from the IPCT site is that it was unable to verify my email address. I was logged in, but could not post nor look at attachments/images within posts. Also, I was not seeing any alerts (upper right in ipct) to threads I was subscribed to.

Starglow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I also experienced this starting about 2-3 weeks ago. I changed to one of my other email accounts... it worked for 3-4 days, then the same issue occurred.

I switched it back to the orig email... and it's been working ever since <knock:knock> (about a week now)

edit: the message I received from the IPCT site is that it was unable to verify my email address. I was logged in, but could not post nor look at attachments/images within posts. Also, I was not seeing any alerts (upper right in ipct) to threads I was subscribed to.
Yes....that's exactly what happened to me as well. I could log in fine but had no privilege permissions to do anything. Hopefully it doesn't happen again in a few days, but thanks for the tip of switching back to the old email address if it breaks again. :)

StevenFromTexas

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I recently lost the ability to make new posts or respond to posts on this forum, supposedly because they couldn't verify my email address which is still active and valid. I had to switch to using a different email address to restore access privileges. I sent a message to "Contact Us" but never got any response. Why did this happen since nothing changed on my end??
That happened to me sometime between this morning and early afternoon on September 28, 2023. The problem isn't on my end.

I use a version of Outlook and repeatedly changed my email address to a secondary one that, like my main email address, also ends in sbcglobal.net that AT&T unfortunately has Yahoo control. I never received an IP Cam Talk - Account confirmation required email to regain posting ability. But when I changed it to a Google Gmail account that ends in gmail.com, I immediately received an IP Cam Talk - Account confirmation required email that allowed me to regain posting ability.

I'm going to change my IP Cam Talk email address back to the one I use 99.99% of the time and see what happens. But not tonight.

I see no one missed me this afternoon. :rolleyes: LOL