Lorex Costco Kit N8442-8DF4

mlandau33

n3wb
Reaction score
Wittaj: What is the "e" of the NVR GUI. I got into the NVR GUI, but I can't figure out how to get into the camera GUI. I found IP addresses under the "Camera - Registration," but they did not work. 10.1.1.65 for example.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Access the NVR GUI by going to a computer and opening up a browser (preferably Internet Explorer) and type in the IP address of the NVR and login that way. Next go into the camera settings page on the NVR and look for the Microsoft e Web Browser and select it and it will go to the camera GUI (photo credit bigredfish from his PSA thread). Your screen may look a little different to get into the camera gui and see if doing it this way gets you access to some other features the NVR is blocking - do not worry about the Port number and circle as that was from another issue someone posted.

Simply select the blue IE icon and it will go to the camera GUI and from there you can set the camera parameters.

1641438272963.png

mlandau33

n3wb
Reaction score
Wittaj: Thanks. I was able to get to the camera GUIs for my three Lorex cams, but for Andy's cam I get the error message, "site can't be reached." Any idea why? I was thinking that it might have to do with the Lorex firmware for the NVR having trouble with Andy's camera.

Oh, and the nighttime picture/video on the three Lorex cameras have improved a lot based on your recommendations, but I will spend more time with those on another night.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Glad to hear the recommendations helped!

You should be able to get into Andy's cams that way. My neighbor added two of Andy's cams to his Lorex NVR and we can access them this way. Lorex and Andy's cams are both Dahua OEM, so it should work.

Did you manually add Andy's camera to the NVR or did you simply plug them in and let the NVR find them? My neighbor simply plugged them in to the POE port and by the time we got back into his house the NVR was already showing the image.

mlandau33

n3wb
Reaction score
Plugged them in and the NVR picked it up fine. I'm hitting the "microsoft e," then getting the error message. I tried it a number of times. The NVR GUI, both from the machine and the nvr web address, shows the camera fine with the limited choice of parameter control. If anything comes to mind, let me know.

Thanks so much. You opened a bit of a new world for me for improving this security camera system.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I guess worse case is you could pull the camera off the NVR and use a POE switch or POE injector or 12V power supply to hook it up to a computer and make the changes and then hook back up.

It is odd that you can see the video stream but not access the camera though.

Reaction score
I guess worse case is you could pull the camera off the NVR and use a POE switch or POE injector or 12V power supply to hook it up to a computer and make the changes and then hook back up.

It is odd that you can see the video stream but not access the camera though.
Hey all, I’m new here but just wanted to chime in. I have almost the exact same issue .. the fix was as described here.
Reset cam, plug into my network (NOT NVR) with an external power supply. Then use config tool to setup as new.

Once I completed the initial setup, I added back into my NVR system, no issues works amazing.

joogle

n3wb
Reaction score
Wittaj: Thanks. I was able to get to the camera GUIs for my three Lorex cams, but for Andy's cam I get the error message, "site can't be reached." Any idea why? I was thinking that it might have to do with the Lorex firmware for the NVR having trouble with Andy's camera.

Oh, and the nighttime picture/video on the three Lorex cameras have improved a lot based on your recommendations, but I will spend more time with those on another night.
Can you link the camera you bought? I have bought this system from Costco which comes with 6 cameras but want to install two more when i begin the project. Based on recommendations here it seems the Dahua 5442 should work. It seems you had success getting it to work with the Lorex NVR, can you link that exact camera?

As my other plan was going to be to add another NVR system separately from Lorex for some additional cameras.

Thanks!

joogle

n3wb
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you , were you able to get it to work with your Lorex NVR? Also, was it basically plug and play? Lastly, did the features of the Lorex app work with these cameras?
See my reply to the thread you started asking about this.