Lorex Camera Won't Full Screen on Monitor

ShadowFox

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Ran into another issue I havent seen before and search didn't help. So I'm hoping I can pick your brains

Setup:

Lorex N882A63B NVR
Lorex LNE9282B VF Turrets (10)
Lorex E841CAB Bullets (4)

Everything is set up and running well. NVR is connected to a modern monitor via HDMI, but I have connected the same monitor via VGA as well.

My problem is that any of the E841CAB cameras will not display in full screen, or as the main camera. The screen just goes black. If the display is in 16 channel (4x4) I have no issue. They all display. If I have the view set up as 1x7, the E841CABs display fine in the smaller 7 squares. But the second I try and make the E841CABs the larger displayed camera, that square goes black. All of the LNE9282 cameras work just fine regardless of where they are. And I have no idea why.

I initially thought maybe the main stream was off or something, but the main works just fine using the Lorex PC client or Lorex Cloud App on a phone. They display crystal clear. But no luck on a monitor directly connected to the NVR. I have other systems set up with the E841s and have not had this problem.

Any ideas?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Ran into another issue I havent seen before and search didn't help. So I'm hoping I can pick your brains

Setup:

Lorex N882A63B NVR

Everything is set up and running well. NVR is connected to a modern monitor via HDMI, but I have connected the same monitor via VGA as well.

My problem is that any of the E841CAB cameras will not display in full screen, or as the main camera. The screen just goes black. If the display is in 16 channel (4x4) I have no issue. They all display. If I have the view set up as 1x7, the E841CABs display fine in the smaller 7 squares. But the second I try and make the E841CABs the larger displayed camera, that square goes black. All of the LNE9282 cameras work just fine regardless of where they are. And I have no idea why.

I initially thought maybe the main stream was off or something, but the main works just fine using the Lorex PC client or Lorex Cloud App on a phone. They display crystal clear. But no luck on a monitor directly connected to the NVR. I have other systems set up with the E841s and have not had this problem.

Any ideas?
Hi @ShadowFox

Double check the main stream info is properly set in the NVR config. That is my guess also...

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Long shot - not familiar with the cameras or NVR but - is the camera main stream using h.265 and the NVR doesn't support that?

ShadowFox

n3wb
Reaction score
The cameras and the NVR both use h265. I brought those four bullet cams down to 1080p in the main stream and they popped up as they should. It just bothers me as the cameras are 4K and the other 10 turret cams are 4K and work in the main stream fine. Just for some reason the 4K bullets won't. But either way, they work fine now, just in 1080p.

Thanks guys!

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
The problem is the bandwidth limit, processor capability, of the NVR. It can only handle so many 4K streams, one of the disadvantages of an NVR.

ShadowFox

n3wb
Reaction score
That's unfortunate. Any idea why the selected those 4 identical model cameras (1 connected via switch, 3 connected to back on NVR) to not work on Main in 4K only on the monitor connected to the NVR? The other 10 cameras (2 connected to Switch, 8 to back of NVR) that are the same model all work fine without any adjustments.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Setup:

Lorex N882A63B NVR

Any ideas?
Hi @ShadowFox

Well, they do appear to be Dahua OEM cameras, and the NVR appears to also be Dahua OEM.

Probably a good time to try Lorex customer service, if none of us are able to give you a quick idea of the fix.

The only thing I can think of is the video stream info is not probably setup for the main stream.
( often we see this issue with substream info )

Ref:

1612830656946.png

1612830606329.png