LIVE STREAM Dahua ip cams to cloud server without setting the port-forwarding and DDNS

stampa.ale

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everybody,
I have a website with 10 live ip cams (Dahua cams) that are live streaming HD video to monitor the beaches and the ocean in different locations in Fuerteventura island (Canary Islands).

The ip webcams are connected with cable to different routers and they are streaming to a cloud server by RTSP streaming protocol and are managed by nimble streamer with WMS panel.

I would like to develop the website and take it to a more professional level by increasing the number of live streaming webcams around the island but the problem is that
when I install a new webcam, for example in a hotel, I have to enter in the settings of the router to do the port forwarding of the HTTP and RTSP ports, as well as to set the DDNS in the webcam.
This limits me because it is not always possible to log in and configure the router for the port forwarding.

What solutions do we have to create a system where I just need to connect the webcam to the network without having to do port forwarding on the router?

Some websites with live webcams around the world manage to do this; here are 2 examples:
in2theBeach - Webcams de Playas en Directo

In some ip-cam I support the RTMP, and a friend told me that I can push the camera streaming to my server without worry about DDNS and port-forwarding.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Port forwarding is a security risk. Never a good plan.
Stream to Youtube, then use those feeds from Youtube for your website.
See the Youtube help for info on how to set those up.

jack7

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I noticed that nimble streamer has a transcoder that supports RTMP. Most Dahua cameras support RTMP. Perhaps that would work for you without router port forwarding.

Other cloud streamers I am aware of that should work without port forwarding:

ipcamlive.com using Axis cameras with:

rstp.me using their camera called LineCam.

stampa.ale

n3wb
Reaction score
Port forwarding is a security risk. Never a good plan.
Stream to Youtube, then use those feeds from Youtube for your website.
See the Youtube help for info on how to set those up.

Thanks of the suggestions,
I was also thinking about the solution to stream on youtube and use the feeds to my websites; however I believe that with this solution it is easy for other competing websites to import my live streams into their platforms. Or maybe I can protect my streams from embed ?

spuls

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Streaming to YT would be possible, but wastefull for ip cameras on an island. if you have any "local" server with a public ip on Fuerteventura, i would recommand a solution like mistserver.org

on your camera with rtmp streaming support you simple configure a custom url like this:

rtmp:/your-server/password-or-api-key/RandomStreamName

From there you can integrate it in serveral way´s on your webpage. In the end it works like youtube, but would need less international traffic since you only stream active sessions from your streaming server and not 24/7 to youtube. on the other hand you need an extra server, youtube would require only an account with streaming enabled.