Lets talk next level PTZ's with Laser IR

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The laser IR is really cool!...but what exactly is a "laser" IR? (Vs. Led IRs?) And how does it work? In thT last video it looked like you could focus it narrow to wide which is awesome...is that a manual adjustment or could it adjust the beam BTW narrow and wide as it is focusing so youndont have that big blinding white-out spot?

TheSwede

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It looks amazing !

Lets hope that the laser dont have the red glare that LEDs have due to broader spectrum.
Or else it will be a strong spotlight :-( that really shows what its pointing at.

Brgds TheSwede

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Its funny that was what I was planning to do swap a 2mp working PTZ with the laser, However now I am just going to add the laser and leave the 2mp alone maybe Laser IR 2mp in future dont know haha.
Here to help if you need it @tech101, just reach out.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Here to help if you need it @tech101, just reach out.
Thank you so much @Wildcat_1 Just got done installing the laser PTZ today will play around and might even need your expert advise will see how it does tonight haha. I am addicted to the cams :| House looks like Fort Knox :|

1619558106130.png1619558147858.png

May end up re doing the original conduit at some point maybe in winter time. But for now it will do haha

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Thank you so much @Wildcat_1 Just got done installing the laser PTZ today will play around and might even need your expert advise will see how it does tonight haha. I am addicted to the cams :| House looks like Fort Knox :|

View attachment 87973View attachment 87974

May end up re doing the original conduit at some point maybe in winter time. But for now it will do haha

Hahah looking good. Nothing like having cams protecting cams ;) Just reach out direct if you do need any info and we can chat directly or I can remotely connect and assist

shannondalebreaux

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hahah looking good. Nothing like having cams protecting cams ;) Just reach out direct if you do need any info and we can chat directly or I can remotely connect and assist
You have this new laser PTZ too? Have some videos of it in action?

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Here is one of the car coming from all the way at end of the street and the new ptz in action. I like that I got the car way before any of my LPRs now even picks it up. Also I think some of the windshield at daytime might will even let the cam to Identify the driver.

shannondalebreaux

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here is one of the car coming from all the way at end of the street and the new ptz in action. I like that I got the car way before any of my LPRs now even picks it up. Also I think some of the windshield at daytime might will even let the cam to Identify the driver.

Very nice clear picture! Be curious see it in action at night !
What you have to trigger the camera? You have a intrusion box ? Trip wire?

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Very nice clear picture! Be curious see it in action at night !
What you have to trigger the camera? You have a intrusion box ? Trip wire?
I have Trip wire in ZigZag Pattern for the Car Tracking, But for human acitivity as per IVS I have two rules actually. A zig zag tripwire and Intrusion Box also.

1619567627050.png

shannondalebreaux

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have Trip wire in ZigZag Pattern for the Car Tracking, But for human acitivity as per IVS I have two rules actually. A zig zag tripwire and Intrusion Box also.

View attachment 87989
Good to know thanks for that info! Soaking up as much as I can before I pull the trigger buy one! The yellow boxes around the vehicle's is that something you did or is auto detecting that through the camera?