Lets talk next level PTZ's with Laser IR

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So I had given some suggestion/feedback to Blueiris Team. Basically since deepstack is now a thing and blueiris does a decent job detecting motion when configured correctly, One of the suggestion is to basically Do Auto Tracking thru Blueiris so say once the Blueiris does see motion / object on a PTZ camera. If, than it can automatically lock on target and Control The PTZ to track the subject.

Seems like Ken Likes the idea this is what he replied "Absolutely considering the automatic PTZ movement :)"

I hope this does become a thing in future. if, it does this will be HUGE as non Tracking camera will all in sudden become tracking PTZ.
I think he misunderstood you LOL. I wonder if he thinks you meant the ability to do further refinement on an already autotracking PTZ. Say for example you do not want it to track YOU mowing your lawn LOL, so you could have BI tell the autotracking camera not to track you?

Before I got the autotrack PTZ camera, I had 10 clones going that essentially mimicked autotracking for my non autotrack PTZ. I called it the poor mans auto track, but it worked surprisingly well.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
ha ha lets see if it ever gets to BI, I have only one camera which is like the older gen Auto track which always fails or looses it targets. But the newer one from Dahua are pretty well except At night when it is tracking a fast moving say above 15 mph car and all in sudden it goes to my security light or the sky lol

TheSwede

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This is 850nm ? isnt it ..? How is laser 850 compared to LED 850nm ? still some red flare ?
How looks Laser 850nm at a distance of say 100m, still very visible ?

Brgds The Swede

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Wow thank you so much for sharing @bigredfish Looks absolutely Amazing! Video Quality seems really nice. Cant wait to see your video at night.

Quick Question do you happen to hear any like a gear noise at start up on the initial booting of PTZ. Mine does that I temp mounted it in backyard to test. Seems to be doing it if I restart the PTZ and it goes thru its initial Startup sequence.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
When does this become available?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
First night human color capture. Is it better than the 1/2.8 ? yes, but maybe not as much better as a fixed lens 5442. I suppose that's because fixed lens cameras are almost always more light sensitive than VF cameras that use a variable and ever larger Fstop as you zoom .
  • I haven't finished dialing it in, and may be able to get a bit better image once I do.
  • Notice it doesn't hunt for focus like the 1/2.8 and this is with PFA ON, which works they way its supposed to work!
Compare to the 1/2.8 capture here

View attachment HOA Entr_ch1_20210425213357_20210425213437.mp4

Last edited:

shannondalebreaux

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
First night human color capture. Is it better than the 1/2.8 ? yes, but maybe not as much better as a fixed lens 5442. I suppose that's because fixed lens cameras are almost always better (more light sensitive) than VF cameras that use a variable and ever larger Fstop as you zoom .
  • I haven't finished dialing it in, and may be able to get a bit better image once I do.
  • Notice it doesn't hunt for focus like the 1/2.8 and this is with PFA ON, which works they way its supposed to work!
Compare to the 1/2.8 capture here

View attachment 87827
Which camera is this one?

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
The Color Video looks amazing @bigredfish Have you tested the IR and specially with auto track. I think I am not gonna get to my install for a week possibly.

I just mounted it temp though, In the backyard haha Just to test the laser. @EMPIRETECANDY I have to say haha The laser is like camera has its own mini Sun hahaha

I am just playing around with some brightness / Laser angels Cant wait to test it on the street with something to actually point on.. at night

This could be Really game changer at distance and specially when it locks on a subject while on auto track ... Have to try it I guess.