LaView no longer accept new orders

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wow, I am going to try to call them tomorrow during working hours. Curious what's up...

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
YMMV:
thought this was interesting....

of course if you look up stuff with BBB in it, you can find complaints on anybody I suppose. They have an even lower rating for Amcrest.....and I just did a spot on RMA with them for a Video Doorbell. text book followed the procedure for gathering info, making a determination, and sending an RMA Fed EX ground page to print.

DanDenver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I ran LaView for 5 years with 6 cameras. The NVR was ok I guess, but the cameras are HikVision. I think the cameras are pretty decent. Now that I have the cameras running through BI and have retired the NVR they are at least a good starting place for me.

I always found LaView’s online help to be less than desirable

JJStats

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm glad I received their shipment of the laview 8MP camera for overview. Some were having issues not getting their shipments. It's serve me well for two years now. It's just the extra charges months or even years later at some weird places.

DanDenver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
so are laview cameras good?
I don't think such a thing exists. Companies like LaView and others often rebrand existing lines with their own name and then provide their own support. If I am correct, when I bought my LaView NVR about 5 years ago they were rebranding HikVision. I have six. Some 4mp and some 8mp. I think HikVision do well and am only replacing them one by one as I learn what cameras perform better at night.

All I can say is that I now own two DS-2CD2087G2-L cameras, and I still think the Hik (LaView if you will) cameras hold up well during the day (they don't win, but overall they are very competitive). But during the night, there is no comparison to the quality of the color view. I intend to purchase the much vaunted 5442 line and check that out as well as I prefer IR over white light at night to get a good picture. Either way I am happy with my LaView cameras as I slowly migrate off them.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So I called today and got No One on the phone. 1.626.898.4988 I tried Cust. Serv. (Mailbox Full), Tech. (Can leave Msg.) and even Operator (Can leave Msg.)...Called twice Morning/Afternoon...

Did not know they were right across the street from Hikvision in Los Angeles, makes sense...:)

I used to Skip trace many years ago for a company, so I pulled up Google Map, called Ma Labs across the street, the lady that answered (Recep?), stated LTS (LaView) moved out a couple of months, she said another tenant (company) has already leased their space. She also said she heard LaView (LTS) moved down the street to a bigger facility. Guess time will tell. (Sure wish we had Google Maps back in my Skip tracing Days, we had White/Yellow Pages and Ma-Bell information, haha) For those curious, I worked in the Collection Dept. of the company, My Skip tracing was for unpaid bills...

Called Hikvision, 1.909.895.0400, got a Lady who was working from home, she could not tell me anything about LTS, she knew who they were, of course.

So I stopped there, I could go further in Skip tracing, but I have better things to do :), though it was fun, brought back memories. Best way to find people is through their family members :), just call them and tell them you are friend that owes (their deadbeat family member :)) money and now you got the money to pay them, you will be surprise how fast they will call you back, LOL, we use to have a private line to give them to call back on. :)

1624486709669.png

UPDATE:
Ok, so I lied :), I could not stop there, though still no resolve, I ended up finding LTS in L.A. too, called them 1.626.435.2838, a guy said yes LaView is a sister company but could not give me any info on them, he just did not know, he said they usually only e-mail them. He gave me their common custserv. e-mail and said to try them.
support@laviewsecurity.com

1624491650367.png

if someone wants to try to e-mail them, go for it. I only have a Hikvision Doorbell from them, not really needing to get in tough with them myself.

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
A lot has changed in the IP cam world in five years. It really is not fair to compare those cams to the present day Hik or Dahua cams.

I have a couple of LaVIew ONE cams that I use to monitor my dog in the house. The iPhone app still works.
Yeah the LaView ONE Halo Doorbell was discontinued awhile back but their cloud is still up and running.