Laview LV-N9616D6E, LV-N9508Q8E, LV-N998932D6E, Lastest Firmware 4.40.015, GUI 4!

bsocko

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Laview is defunct. The firmware I posted is official channel oem I series firmware which is what these nvrs are.

Reaction score
Thank you bsocko! I just upgraded and it went smoothly. If you get any more updates, can you post them here or provide a link to where the latest firmware updates will be ?

Reaction score
If you get any more updates, can you post them here or provide a link to where the latest firmware updates will be ?
What I am doing is going to LTS Security's website under the Downloads page and I Search for "LTN8916H" (because this NVR seems to be the closest to our Laview LV-N9616D6E), and I download the firmware. I just upgraded my NVR. Proceed at your own risk.

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am trying to add another camera and it isn't being added by plug and play like how it was with the old firmware. (I used to plug in a new camera that came with the system and it showed up, but now it doesn't anymore.) I don't know how to add it manually as it says I need a password, so I guess I will revert to the old firmware for now so I can add the camera.
Edit: Seems like I can't downgrade. It says I can't on LaViews download page, and the LaView firmware file is a .rar file and the system needs a .dav file to upgrade.
Edit 2: I downgraded to original firmware by converting the .rar to a .dav and now NO cameras connect anymore, whether plug and play or manually. So now I don't have any camera system anymore. @bsocko please help me! I tried everything! Help me please! Don't do this unofficial upgrade!!!

Last edited:

Alex_Cam

n3wb
Reaction score
bsocko
Thank you smooth upgrade if recommended steps are followed for :D
Laview LV-N9616D6E
highly recommend resetting device to default prior to upgrading I had firmware V3.4.93 build 170816 then to Build 180912 is the last of the 3 series gui had to set a basic password like 12345abc just proceed , then finally to Build 200707 is the latest 4 series GUI build. Reconfigured whole system and using LTS app ( LTS Connect Mobile App ) for Platinum Series Platform.
LTS Downloads

bsocko

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am trying to add another camera and it isn't being added by plug and play like how it was with the old firmware. (I used to plug in a new camera that came with the system and it showed up, but now it doesn't anymore.) I don't know how to add it manually as it says I need a password, so I guess I will revert to the old firmware for now so I can add the camera.
Edit: Seems like I can't downgrade. It says I can't on LaViews download page, and the LaView firmware file is a .rar file and the system needs a .dav file to upgrade.
Edit 2: I downgraded to original firmware by converting the .rar to a .dav and now NO cameras connect anymore, whether plug and play or manually. So now I don't have any camera system anymore. @bsocko please help me! I tried everything! Help me please! Don't do this unofficial upgrade!!!
Sorry I never got email notifications for your post. Do you still need assistance from what I posted below?

Plug and play only works when the cameras are in the uninitialized state. Once the camera grabs the first information from the NVR it wont automatically do it again PNP for another configuration. If you want to reenable plug and play you need to do a hard reset on that camera.

Hard Reset procedure:
  1. Disconnect the camera power supply;
  2. Press and hold the reset button;
  3. Connect the camera power supply; (this will be the ethernet cable if using POE)
  4. Keep holding the reset button for 15 seconds;
  5. Release the reset button.
Running old NVR firmware is suicide if you have it connected to the internet for remote viewing. Walk the upgrades back up the latest firmware.

Attachments

Last edited:

bsocko

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
bsocko
Thank you smooth upgrade if recommended steps are followed for :D
Laview LV-N9616D6E
highly recommend resetting device to default prior to upgrading I had firmware V3.4.93 build 170816 then to Build 180912 is the last of the 3 series gui had to set a basic password like 12345abc just proceed , then finally to Build 200707 is the latest 4 series GUI build. Reconfigured whole system and using LTS app ( LTS Connect Mobile App ) for Platinum Series Platform.
LTS Downloads
Your welcome, I am glad all is good, not sure if or when the OEM channel is going to see NVR version 5, but that will blow your mind even more.

Alex_Cam

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for the continued updates "[B]bsocko[/B]" . Please note that when replaying playback at a fast speed system would power cycle everytime during the initial update to GUI 4. I've traced the issue a week later to blown capacitors located near the power plug on the main motherboard. I've since replaced them with Japanese versions and the NVR has been very stable ever since. That end up being a hardware related issue not an OS issue in case someone comes across a similar problem something to keep in mind.

Reaction score
Sorry I never got email notifications for your post. Do you still need assistance from what I posted below?

Plug and play only works when the cameras are in the uninitialized state. Once the camera grabs the first information from the NVR it wont automatically do it again PNP for another configuration. If you want to reenable plug and play you need to do a hard reset on that camera.

Hard Reset procedure:
  1. Disconnect the camera power supply;
  2. Press and hold the reset button;
  3. Connect the camera power supply; (this will be the ethernet cable if using POE)
  4. Keep holding the reset button for 15 seconds;
  5. Release the reset button.
Running old NVR firmware is suicide if you have it connected to the internet for remote viewing. Walk the upgrades back up the latest firmware.
Hi bsocko, thanks for getting back. My NVR is basically bricked at this point. I can't log in, there are like 15 usernames (idk why) with those ascii characters you talked about. I tried resetting the password using the app and using the password reset tool and it didn't work. I tried flashing firmware using this guide many times and it's not working. I took apart my cameras again to see if I can reset them and there is no reset button. It does have the four pin JST ZH header, but I don't have its firmware. These cameras say they are ONVIF in the specs, but I highly doubt it because there is no log in page when I connect to a computer. Now I have a bricked NVR and 9 IP cameras that are useless. I would have liked to at least use these cameras with Surveillance Station on my Synology NAS, but these cameras are proprietary. I don't know what to do. After this experience, I don't want to buy another NVR this time around because they are all proprietary junk with no support. They are unsafe to open to the internet, and it's a big scam.

Attachments

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
My NVR is basically bricked at this point. I can't log in, there are like 15 usernames
That's been a common consequence when the NVR 4.x firmware is applied over too old an existing version.
The configuration database conversion doesn't handle the old configuration properly.
The fix is a 'reset to defaults' which will re-populate the database with default values.

I tried flashing firmware using this guide many times and it's not working.
That should work OK, provided you use a normal tftp server as opposed to the manufacturer tftp updater, which has a 32MB filesize limit.

If you provide some detail of the firmware update attempts via the serial console, such at the PuTTY transcript - it should be possible to see where the problem is.

bsocko

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
To reset your cameras see this video.

The cameras are not proprietary they are rebranded hikvision. After you reset them plug them into your network directly with a poe hub and launch the SADP tool. The tool should find the cameras and list them as uninitialized you can then set the IP addresses and the usernames and passwords.

If you are stuck with you nvr send it to me. As long as it turns on and boots I can fix it in about 10 minutes. I will send back the nvr with the latest branded hikvision firmware, you will be able to then do updates directly from the hikvision official firmware website and never have to deal with this again. If you can't reset the cameras send them too. I will walk them up to firmware 5.6.6 hik branded... No more la view in your life every again.

No charge to repair, you just pay shipping both ways.

Last edited:
Reaction score
To reset your cameras see this video.

The cameras are not proprietary they are rebranded hikvision. After you reset them plug them into your network directly with a poe hub and launch the SADP tool. The tool should find the cameras and list them as uninitialized you can then set the IP addresses and the usernames and passwords.

If you are stuck with you nvr send it to me. As long as it turns on and boots I can fix it in about 10 minutes. I will send back the nvr with the latest branded hikvision firmware, you will be able to then do updates directly from the hikvision official firmware website and never have to deal with this again. If you can't reset the cameras send them too. I will walk them up to firmware 5.6.6 hik branded... No more la view in your life every again.

No charge to repair, you just pay shipping both ways.
This is very kind of you. I was finally able to reset the NVR after many many tries. The iVMS-4200 tool helped me to reset and connect 2 of my cameras so far to my Synology NAS. (To use without NVR: need to Enable ONVIF, uncheck Auto-obtain for the network parameters and set up an iPV4 Address, Enable UPnP and set to Manual, and add a user under Integration Protocol.) I am looking for newer firmware for my LV-PB3040WC cameras, but can't find any similar firmware under LTS website or Hikvision website that works.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I appreciate everyone's efforts on this thread. We purchased a refurbished lv-n9616d6e in 2019 and have never gotten it to fully function.

It is currently running V3.4.96, build 171201

Only 7 of 11 cameras are connected. Additionally, I can't figure out what the seven camera passwords are since I originally connected them in 2019.

I am planning to attempt an upgrade to OEM Hiki firmware posted in this thread.

Should I factory reset the cameras I am connected to before attempting the upgrade? They are all currently installed and I would prefer minimizing the number I need to remove for a hard reset.

Many thanks!