Latest new IPC-HDW5231R-ZE IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V2.800.0000018.0.R.210707

guho

n3wb
Reaction score
I was using latest amcrest firmware. So amcrest to dahua firmware.
@Eagle29 are you using the #18 firmware version introduced in this thread on an IP8M-T2499E? If so, I will have the confidence to retry upgrading from #15 to #18. Perhaps my camera will simply need a settings reset. All my previous Dahua firmware updates worked without resetting and reconfiguring. Thanks for any clarification.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Does this firmware update add SSA to backlight options with the existing BLC, WDR and HLC?

Eagle29

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have used #18 firmware on IP8M-2496E

@Eagle29 are you using the #18 firmware version introduced in this thread on an IP8M-T2499E? If so, I will have the confidence to retry upgrading from #15 to #18. Perhaps my camera will simply need a settings reset. All my previous Dahua firmware updates worked without resetting and reconfiguring. Thanks for any clarification.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk
Hi

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I should have asked if this update adds SSA to the IPC-HDW5231R-ZE . Currently I do not have the option on this camera. My current firmware version is 2.622.0000000.31.R, Build Date: 2018-08-13

gbonny

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the update!

I went from v14 on my HDW5231R-Z to v18. I couldn't upgrade with Firefox, upgrading using Chrome worked.
I can confirm on "Zoom and Auto focus" the preview isn't working (on conditions and live it is working). Hopefully this will be fixed any time soon :)

janikjan

n3wb
Reaction score
I have just upgraded. But for me the preview is not working anywhere (on live, etc). I did a factory reset.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Try using Internet Explorer, not Edge. It's still available in Win10. Just type "explorer" in the search bar to access it. You will be prompted to install a plug-in, but you should then have all features of the firmware available.

janikjan

n3wb
Reaction score
Try using Internet Explorer, not Edge. It's still available in Win10. Just type "explorer" in the search bar to access it. You will be prompted to install a plug-in, but you should then have all features of the firmware available.
Thanks, that is working. Pitty it is not working on Chrome. But at least we have some option :).

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
@tibimakai Have you reset the camera back to default and if so have you reset it multiple times consecutively? I usually default them all three times after an upgrade the reconfigure them manually.

@janikjan I was using Chrome with the IE plugin, but have switched to IE. It seems more stable to me with the older cameras like the 5231.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I always use IE when managing the cams as that seems to work the best.

Have to admit this for me has been the best firmware with all the annoying issues that I had with previous versions fixed.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I upgraded one of my HDW4231 cam with no issue so far.

It was purchased in 2017 so it almost 5 year old camera. I used Chrome to upgrade and the viewer work fine in Chrome since 4.0 firmware so I have not gone back to IE since then unless I am doing a bootstrap recovery which was like over a year ago on one of the camera because the power burped during the upgrade. That same camera is still running.

If you are not able to get a live view in Chrome, try clearing out the cache file only (uncheck everything but clear image and file cache which still keep it checked)

I am using Chrome on Macbook Pro running Bog Sur OS

Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 4.00.31 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 4.07.40 PM.jpg

janikjan

n3wb
Reaction score
Guys I have IPC-HDW5831R-ZE and I have had problems with fps drops from 14 fps tp about 1fps. I am able to solve it only with restarting of the camera. I have had this problem on all firmwares (or at least I cannot remember when I have not had this problem). I do not know if I still have the same problem on the latest firmware, need to test it.

But it is pretty annoying. Do you know what should cause it? Do somebody from you also have the same problem?
Thanks.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Guys I have IPC-HDW5831R-ZE and I have had problems with fps drops from 14 fps tp about 1fps. I am able to solve it only with restarting of the camera. I have had this problem on all firmwares (or at least I cannot remember when I have not had this problem). I do not know if I still have the same problem on the latest firmware, need to test it.

But it is pretty annoying. Do you know what should cause it? Do somebody from you also have the same problem?
Thanks.
Have you done reset or hard reset on that camera?

janikjan

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you done reset or hard reset on that camera?
Yeah, but just yesterday before upgrade to the newest firmware and also after upgrade to the newest firmware.

The newest firmware I have not had properly tested for that fps drop issue. So I will let you know after some days. But I was just curious if somebody has the same issue as me.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, but just yesterday before upgrade to the newest firmware and also after upgrade to the newest firmware.

The newest firmware I have not had properly tested for that fps drop issue. So I will let you know after some days. But I was just curious if somebody has the same issue as me.
I just upgraded all my camera today both HDW5231 and HDW4231

I haven't seen any issue with my setup yet.

This is my NVR5216-16P-4KS2 system info

Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 5.03.36 PM.jpg