Just updated to new BI ver 5.4.3.0 and it broke object detection

D0T-C0M

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I updated to ver 5.4.3.0 tonight and it broke object detection for me. I ran the previous clips through the motion detection and I see the yellow box following the person in the clips but it never turns orange and I'm not getting any new alerts. I turned the sensitivity down to the lowest setting and it detects the object but still doesn't trigger to record.

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I just updated an had no problem at all, kept right on working. Out of curiosity are you using Intel Quicksync hardware acceleration?

D0T-C0M

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yes I am running quick sync. When I revert back to the latest stable version everything works fine but as soon as I install the new version no more alerts.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
If you can, shut off Quicksync and see if it will detect then. I'm running NVidia but had a feeling it could be Quicksync. You could also try other versions of QuickSync on one camera to see if that helps.

D0T-C0M

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok I tried it without quicksync and it makes a difference. It will now trigger but the motion has to be extreme. Even with both motion sliders pinned to the max for sensitivity. Everything is normal on the latest stable version.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Maybe have a look at your video driver and Windows update history. It might pay to roll back the video driver, but I'm no expert with Intel drivers so take it for what it's worth.

D0T-C0M

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Windows updates are disabled till next year and I'm running the latest intel gpu graphics drivers. This was all working before the latest BI update.

pcunite

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Running 5.4.3.0 as well. However, in the Event Viewer I'm seeing the following errors randomly:

Code:
Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: BlueIris.exe
P2: 5.3.9.17
P3: 605e1207
P4: VCRUNTIME140.dll
P5: 14.26.28720.3
Could someone else check your Events (under Application)?

D0T-C0M

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Turning Intel HA on and off in the latest stable version makes no difference in the object detection. It works as it did before before 5.4.3.0. Only in the 5.4.3.0 version does switching HA off make a noticeable improvement but neither are close to the sensitivity that the latest stable version has.

@pcunite My events log is empty

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Running 5.4.3.0 as well. However, in the Event Viewer I'm seeing the following errors randomly:

Code:
Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: BlueIris.exe
P2: 5.3.9.17
P3: 605e1207
P4: VCRUNTIME140.dll
P5: 14.26.28720.3
Could someone else check your Events (under Application)?
Blue Iris crashes a lot on some systems. I turned on BI's logging to file on my main BI box on January 12, 2018, and searching over all the logs, the words "unexpected shutdown" have appeared 429 times. Every single month has at least one crash, and most months have at least 5 crashes. April has had 5 crashes so far and this is only April 9th.

The bigger your system, the higher the chance you will have random crashes as the increased workload makes rare bugs happen more often. This is one of the reasons it is wise to run Blue Iris as a service (so it restarts immediately, minimizing downtime).

On a side note, I see that Blue Iris has automatically turned off Intel hardware acceleration on most of my cameras again. The last time this happened was early February but at least that time it had the courtesy of logging "HW VA not compatible" for each camera when it turned off the hardware acceleration. This time it has just been silent.

Kameraad

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I had no trouble with the update, just hit update and it went fine. Not using quicksync though.

The issue i'm having is that it keeps showing the percentages of parked cars. According to this post static objects should be detected once..

Gave the machine a reboot but no luck, this isn't a setting im forgetting right!?

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I updated to ver 5.4.3.0 tonight and it broke object detection for me. I ran the previous clips through the motion detection and I see the yellow box following the person in the clips but it never turns orange and I'm not getting any new alerts. I turned the sensitivity down to the lowest setting and it detects the object but still doesn't trigger to record.
From Fenderman's post on 5.4.3.0: Motion detection updates to produce fewer/larger object rectangles with more sensitive
edge-vector tracking.

Are you using Edge vector?

Buttan Butt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm at 5.4.3.0 too. I can't say at what point it happened but for me everything works great if I use the Blue Iris built in "Motion Sensor". When I switch the trigger source to "Camera's digital input or motion alarm" for using the cameras ONVIF triggers, no triggers will get through... they end up as cancelled alerts with the text "nothing found". It took me many hours to figure it out. Why would the trigger source make any difference?

EDIT: This thread is not about DeepStack so I start a new thread for my issue.

Last edited:

D0T-C0M

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Maybe try simple as a test.
actually I just tried using "simple" and wow what a difference. This is way better. I even had to decrease the sensitivity of the motion because it was too sensitive.

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
5.4.3.1 seems to have changed that significantly. I've got to go back in and lower sensitivity in a few cameras, four or five, because of random triggers. I'm using a combination of edge vector and ONVIF on them.