Just updated to new BI ver 5.4.3.0 and it broke object detection

D0T-C0M

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did some more testing using simple mode and I got to say the motion detection is way way better. I even get an object trigger when I am walking behind a vehicle and only my head is showing. I'm now able to pick up my cat and dog much more reliably and last night I picked up 2 stray cats in my yard. Edge vector struggled greatly at night. Anyways I'm sticking with "simple" mode for the foreseeable future as things are really solid for me right now except I have one seemingly unrelated small issue where my road-cam, that monitors the cars entering my dead end street, occasionally doesn't record the pre-trigger 5 sec time. This was also happening with edge triggering so this is why I believe it could be unrelated. When I look at some of the clips the very beginning of the video, the car is right in the middle or exiting the screen with an orange object trigger box but no video prior to the trigger. I tried increasing it to 10 seconds but the same thing happens. Not sure if there is a delay transferring over to the main stream for recording or a time discrepancy between the main and sub feeds. I have both streams FPS and I-Frame the same.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Most of my cams have been set to edge vector during the day and simple at night. Edge vector also has trouble if you have multiple zones set (like object has to go A to B, etc.). But with AI now, if you have the CPU, then it is best to change to simple 24/7 and let it decide if it meets your criteria.

Regarding your road cam, do you have object detection on in that camera? I am wondering if headlight bloom is causing object detection to "reset" the trigger and thus it doesn't fire until the car is in the middle of the screen. If so, then uncheck the object detection. Also uncheck the high definition box in the motion settings if you have that on.

What camera is causing the problem, it could be a camera that lets you set FPS and iframe, but it really doesn't. Look at the camera status page in BI and see if the KEY for that camera is at 1.00, if it isn't then the camera is changing it.

D0T-C0M

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Edge vector in Version 5.4.3.3 was slightly better but the new v5.4.3.4 that just came out is way better now.