Just purchased my license - I have a question about IPs

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Now that I have purchased my license, am I locked into the WAN and LAN IPs that I currently use? Reason I ask is because my WAN IP with Xfinity is not static and has changed as recently as last week before I paid/registered BI. I need to know what happens if Xfinity changes it again. As for my LAN IP I already have that set as static and reserved.

Thanks

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
@fenderman... thanks I'll check it out. My concern was that if my WAN IP changed somehow the license was tied to that IP. I know I can manually change the IP si the iOS app will work along with updating my WAN web server URL.

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@fenderman... thanks I'll check it out. My concern was that if my WAN IP changed somehow the license was tied to that IP. I know I can manually change the IP si the iOS app will work along with updating my WAN web server URL.
The license is not tied to the ip...

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
As @fenderman said the license is not tied to your IP address, rather to the computer. Blue Iris will pick up the IP address change right away.

Last edited:

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is the BI psudo dns you refer to where it checks every xx minutes you choose in web server tab? if so how does the APP stay updated?
Yes, but you need to set it up in the about tab "register ip"...it only works for the iphone app..I have never used it...Its simply easier for me to use a dyndns service.