JIMIlab JH08 -- setup as IP cam

Reaction score
Hello folks,
I'm new to IP Cams and to the forum. Thanks already for the great wealth of information assembled here.

I purchased 3 (admittedly) discounted IP cams on an online site. The model delivered is a JIMILab JH08 Wireless Home Monitor.

I have set it up as per instructions user their wireless device app (on Android for me). it does what the box says: you can look at the cam online, it has motion and voice detection, sends alarms (to the app), records jpg and mp4 to a memory card and uploads it to dropbox. besides, it's easy to install and looks quite sleek, as far as IP cams go.

What I cant do - and even I as a beginner could do that with other IP cams I owned before - I cannot get a feed of the video into a web browser or read out the latest jpg from the camera via an IP request (if that is the correct term).

I know the IP address the cam is connected to on my LAN (192.168.0.8) but I dont know the port it uses, nor what the full URL is, to get the feed/shot.

As you will have guessed, no info in the manual and not much help from the manufacturer's support.

Are there any suggestions on how to get the cam to release its secrets to me via IP -- after all it's an IP CAM.

Many thanks

Dirk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Most of those type cameras do not let you stream to a third party device.
If you want to scan ports you can try using "fing" on your mobile device and select scan services.