Ivs setup question

sdiamond808

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
First off everything I have learned over the past 2 months is amazing. I've had cams since 2016 and they were basically worthless compared to how you all helped me dial them in.

Recommended in another post I removed the default gateway on all my cams and deleted port forwarding so I'm only connected to lan, any mobile viewing dine through a VPN.

I set up Ivs to detect motor vehicles driving by but it only gives me the option to send email or push notification. I have no clue how it could push to my phone since there is no spot for my number and I'm assuming since it's no longer connected to internet it can't send emails.

I have a 256gb sd card on the cam. Can I somehow snapshot the event to the SD card? Don't know how else to track this.

sdiamond808

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you running an NVR or software such as BlueIris? Or are you only storing to the SD cards in the cams?

A description of your network is the only way we can help you here.
I have a hikvision 8 channel nvr. Everything disconnected from wan. Can I store to the sd or nvr?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Not familiar with HiK NVRs but typically using Dahua you would need to enable their P2P on the NVR which would send you the push notifications. It wouldn’t require manually port forwarding but NVR would need WAN access as it would for email..the cameras themselves could/would remain blocked from the internet

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
By default many Dahua cams are setup to record a snapshot with motion IVS triggers.

You would have to get into the camera GUI and see if that is still happening or if being hooked to a Hik NVR if that turned it off.

But it is a simple check the box for a snapshot for IVS triggers.

1694260605488.png

sdiamond808

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
By default many Dahua cams are setup to record a snapshot with motion IVS triggers.

You would have to get into the camera GUI and see if that is still happening or if being hooked to a Hik NVR if that turned it off.

View attachment 171889
And that snapshot would be on the SD card on the camera? I don't have the nvr connected to wan. Took all that down after reading posts here.

sdiamond808

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

View attachment 171889
So I have it setup for snapshot now. Question chose ivs, fast moving, motor vehicle. As far as the graphics go, do I just draw a big square in the whole frame?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just do IVS for human and/or vehicle.

It is best to not box the entire field of view but rather leave a little room around all the sides for an intrusion box so the camera has time to see the object first.

sdiamond808

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

It is best to not box the entire field of view but rather leave a little room around all the sides for an intrusion box so the camera has time to see the object first.
I'll set that now. Is there any kind of setup guide for this stuff? The web 5.0 manual didn't really detail it enough for me

sdiamond808

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Maybe a dumb question but where do I view the pictures on the SD card? I can't find them anywhere