IVS problem night ?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I’d love to say it’s really smart, but It’s not rocket surgery, I use them a lot in larger areas simply because there is a 3D element to IVS lines and if a subject happens to miss one, one of the others may catch it. I’ve demonstrated it a couple of times.

So as long as it’s a continuous single tripwire with BOTH directions, it’s just a way of improving your chances.

Note that if you want only one direction it don’t work as the opposite side of the tripwire line is backasswards

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Slightly off topic but have you got signs up and are complying with data protection?

Yep I know it's ridiculous, but this case has put the cat amongst the pigeons if you also capture public property.

Doesn’t apply here in the colonies as long as it’s not blatant intentional window snooping. Generally speaking if you can see it from public space it’s legal.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Slightly off topic but have you got signs up and are complying with data protection?

Yep I know it's ridiculous, but this case has put the cat amongst the pigeons if you also capture public property.

Potentially £100K damages for breaching the pivacy of a neighbour by recording the street / part of her garden.

If you read the whole story behind that case you quickly realise the guy filming his neighbour was a complete arse, had plenty of opportunities to work things out but then went down the road of both antagonising and bullying his neighbour.

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I’d love to say it’s really smart, but It’s not rocket surgery, I use them a lot in larger areas simply because there is a 3D element to IVS lines and if a subject happens to miss one, one of the others may catch it. I’ve demonstrated it a couple of times.

So as long as it’s a continuous single tripwire with BOTH directions, it’s just a way of improving your chances.

Note that if you want only one direction it don’t work as the opposite side of the tripwire line is backasswards

I just implemented a zigzag tripwire across my entire FOV. Curious to see when it triggers. My tripwires aren't doing a stellar job. I have 800% more tripwires than my abandoned object IVS rule but I catch 90% of my captures with the abandoned object rule. Clearly I need an in-service on implementing tripwires. Something about their 3D nature which eludes me I think.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I’m guessing the abandoned object rule is simply firing first. ? But hey if it works if stay with it.

superpatpat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
short summary, since I removed the zigzag and just place trigger boxes and just straight lines it works well, the only thing that lasts for a long time is the notification which does not always work on my iphone with DMSS often it records on the camera but I do not receive the notifications on the cell it's random

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I always wonder about this tip, if this is the case, what is the point of having the "appear" option?
Every fov is different, which gives you different options.
It's up to you to test and verify which one works best in a given situation.
You always need to plan and choose mounting locations correctly, or you will have issue's of varying degrees.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
short summary, since I removed the zigzag and just place trigger boxes and just straight lines it works well, the only thing that lasts for a long time is the notification which does not always work on my iphone with DMSS often it records on the camera but I do not receive the notifications on the cell it's random
DMSS is buggy.

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@ nightlife Hello it's not a 30 second delay but a 30 second recording,

and yesterday I modified but IVS and I tested 2 times and it worked, I will do another test as they say it's try- error.

I just wanted to loop back to this, with a big thank-you. I read the manual section on the "delay" and to my eyes it looked like it was saying that there would be a record "delay" of n seconds .. must be a translation thing because based on my results after interpreting it as you did @superpatpat I am now obtaining nice long recordings. Much nicer than the short snippets I was getting prior. Re-reading my camera specific manual I can see now that they mean after the alarm is triggered that it will continue recording for n seconds after the alarm ends.

And all of todays nature recordings (foxes) were all triggered once again, by the abandoned object IVS rules. 50 recordings in total, with zero triggered by my 7 tripwires, and zero by the intrusion rule I have. Fat chance I ever update my FW since the next version deleted the one IVS rule working.