IVS events not showing on timeline, Dahua NVR5216 4KS2 V2

PaulH

n3wb
Reaction score
I seem to recall reading somewhere that IVS events should display on the timeline of playback on the NVR, yet it doesn't on mine, I'm using the web interface . Is the event markers on the timeline only for the native UI or should it be available on the web interface also? The only event I see in the timeline currently is 'regular' showing in green, but if I untick this from the playback screen and tick IVS, nothing shows.

I can see the NVR rules in the web interface preview or playback screens of the NVR, can use either the camera IVS or the NVR IVS to trigger sending a snapshot of the event, but just can't get the event to appear on the timeline regardless of if using camera IVS or NVR IVS, so have to use the time showing on the snapshot received in the email to find the event, or use historic analysis in smart play, which finds the events but only displays a small video segment.

Any help appreciated.

PaulH

n3wb
Reaction score
OK, got it working, didn't realize had to have record set on NVR setup screen , I had it set on camera IVS setup screen where I had set up all the IVS paramters, didn't seem to work until record also set to NVR setup screen. It's funny how the parameters set on camera screen seem to get transferred to NVR screens, other than record. So I'm guessing if you set IVS up on just cameras, there's no way to get timeline to see triggers.
In the end I deleted all camera IVS parameters and rules, but left camera IVS enabled. Then set up IVS on NVR with rules etc., and ticked record option.