IVS camera settings vs NVR IVS settings

Scale

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi everybody!

I use NVR NVR5416-16P-4KS2E +3 IPC Dahua cameras.

I'm a little confused where I should make settings.

NVR Web interface has AI section where I can setup IVS rules for the cameras.
The Web interface of cameras also has the section where I can configure IVS rules.

Could you explain me I should use NVR or camera Web interface to configure IVS rules?
Does NVR IVS settings override the camera IVS setting or vice versa?

The same question about Schedule, FTP storage an others settings.
Where should I setup it on the camera or NVR Web interface?

The IPC-HFW3849T1-AS-PV camera Schedule has the General + Motion + Alarm sections
But the NVR Schedule has General + Motion + Alarm + M&A + Interlligent session.

How should I setup Snapshot schedule for the IPC-HFW3849T1-AS-PV for IVS rules?

Regards,
Denis

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
IVS should be setup in the camera GUI.

Look at this thread as a guide:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Always set Image quality, encoding/bitrate, and IVS/Events on the camera.
Use the NVR for networking and recording schedules primarily, and with a built in PoE switch model, for sending email. Unless youre recording to a card on the camera itself, the recording schedule info wont take anyway.

In theory theyre transferable and should communicate and synch between each other and adopt settings. But MANY times they dont. Can depend on model, age, and features on the camera. It can get messy fast if you switch back and forth. Also there are any number of settings not available on the NVR.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Once you start making changes in both things will not synch 100%. If you don’t touch any of the settings on the NVR, the cameras will control everything. Best to default the NVR and then don’t touch camera settings on the NVR.

AI by NVR would be for cameras that don’t have AI/IVS. You shouldn’t need it.

Tripwire and auto tracking are two completely different things.

The only reason to use the NVR is to coordinate spotter cameras to activate the PTZs. Leave all other settings alone. Make them on the camera, reboot NVR after making changes on the camera

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Now it does hold the AI By Camera Setting. Does it pull the IVS setting from Camera? They don't show up but I get a blank set of IVS rules in the NVR.

Should I put new presets (3) in the NVR and add a Tour in the NVR.
No leave the NVR alone.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Auto tracking should be done at the ptz camera. You make the settings there. You make IVS rules like tripwire or Intrusion also on the camera. The tripwire or intrusion zone tells the auto tracking to start tracking.

Each preset would have its own IVS tripwire or Intrusion zone.

Tour would also be set on the ptz camera.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Many or most of these settings on the camera will transfer back to the NVR. (Sometimes a reboot of the NVR after you make adjustments in the camera helps.
But don’t worry if they don’t transfer exactly as long as the camera does what you need. It has more settings than the NVR so some can’t transfer.
If you make changes in the NVR it will override those on the camera, and because they aren’t identical, sometimes things don’t work so well.

Longview

n3wb
Reaction score
My bad! I had a bunch of old posts that had been resolved and a dozen Andy before I bought more cameras and deleted them. I removed one in this thread and it removed several?

I am bad about leaving content out there for decades...

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It doesn't make sense to delete posts that have been resolved because it serves as a reference point for NOOB when they come looking for answers.

If we all deleted our posts after it was resolved, then even more of the same questions would be asked over and over again.

Gigapalooza

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
One remaining question I would have is if you put settings on the NVR side how do you undo those safely and cleanly?

Gigapalooza

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I understand IVS rules are set on the camera. However, the record settings on the camera appear to relate to LOCAL storage (SD Card). Yes? No?
It's unfortunate how complicated unclear the various pieces are. I'm usually good with all things low-voltage and web based technologies, but IP camera & NVR software is uniquely non-intuitive.

Longview

n3wb
Reaction score
Genius! The installer never asked if I had an SD Card or Wanted one in the Camera.

Longview

n3wb
Reaction score
Now that I have abandoned Auto Tracking! I have THREE Presets (1,2,3) say left, middle,and right. I have a TOUR (1) of the three Presets.

When I create a tipwire for each Preset area ,when it pans or tours, it sends a lot of alerts. I have reduced the tripwires to one tripwire for the middle preset and it does not send alerts for the other two presets.

Not sure if the tour causes the tripwires to activate and send alerts? Can you have one tripwire for each preset or just one for the tour?