Issues with DS-2CD2347G1-LU

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Have updated the firmware, which reboots it, not sure if that works similar to a reset but also not sure why resetting would help as I haven't changed a setting on it in years!
Things can get corrupted independent of any change you intentionally make. New firmware may carry over previous settings. Set it back to defaults and go from there.

The POE adapter should help rule out a problem with the switch.

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well that’s weird. The camera won’t even turn on when I use a PoE adapter for it instead of the switch POE port.
Using an adapter from a TP-Link EAP 225v3 access point which I assume should work fine.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Well that’s weird. The camera won’t even turn on when I use a PoE adapter for it instead of the switch POE port.
Using an adapter from a TP-Link EAP 225v3 access point which I assume should work fine.
The tplink uses a • 24V Passive PoE (+4,5pins; -7,8pins. PoE Adapter Included) this is not suitable for the camera.

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It is possible, I would unplug one of the other working cams and test the new cam on the port that was working for the other cam...
Tried swapping my Driveway camera with my Front door camera on the POE switch. The Driveway camera works fine, the Front Door one is still having issues.

So I think that narrows it down to the camera (will try a reset if I can get it back up and running), or corrosion on the camera connector?

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Really weird, camera seems to be working, but then when I try to access it via a web browser I can see the camera start to go offline on my phone app. Almost as if it doesn't like it when it's already being used to stream and then someone accesses it via web browser.

Sometimes as well on the web browser when I try to enter the user name/pw it says "abnormal network" or something like that and doesn't allow me to login.

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
...and now getting...
Error 403: Forbidden
Access Forbidden

That seems like a really weird error to be getting I would think.

As an FYI, have my cameras only accessible via VPN (through Wireguard on an RPi).

Last edited:

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is it possible to reset the camera to factory defaults using the SADP tool? Do I have to check unbind or something?

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Okay, managed to get in and reset the camera to factory defaults, and set it back up again.

At this point, I wonder if it is just the camera that is caput. Will try the grease, but given how clean the connections and junction box were, I doubt it is corrosion unfortunately.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You would be surprised how little corrosion it takes to go wonky - and most of the time people don't see it and the deoxit clears it up.

That junction box is subjected to temp extremes and undoubtedly some moisture probably got locked into the seal tape (unless you assembled it in a humidity free chamber lol).

If that camera has a power plug for a 12VDC power supply, try it and see if the camera goes offline.

So I would try the following before canning it:

• Try the wall wart power supply if that camera has that capability. If it doesn't work then:
  • Try the deoxit and if that doesn't work then:
  • Cut off the camera connector - go back several inches and put on a new one. The corrosion could be just beyond the connector.

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Will do. When I eventually put it back on (this camera or another), would I simply lather the male and female CAT5/6 connectors with the grease and then connect them together, put them into the junction box, and bob's your uncle?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep. I fill the camera end and slide some on the cable end and connect and then run the excess that comes out around the connector to try to seal up an entry point for humidity to get in and then put on the supplied "waterproof" connector. Some will then seal tape it as well.

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Power certainly does not seem to be the issue. Right now I can’t connect to the camera and it doesn’t display an image in BI or another camera app.

But the LED light is super bright (think I put it on a timer as I was resetting it earlier).

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It is possible that the 24v supply caused damage....it seems like the inability to connect occurred after that connection...

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It is possible that the 24v supply caused damage....it seems like the inability to connect occurred after that connection...
24v power supply...the POE adapter?

I think it's just the camera at this point. It's more stable (use it on a TinyCam dashboard setup I have with Sharptools.io). But similar to before, even when it is up, something is wonky with the web interface. Sometimes it just hangs when I'm in there. Othertimes it won't put up the admin/password login page and just presents a white screen. Other times I get the 403 error which is a weird one to get, and other times I get a Hikvision "Network Abnormal" popup.

Going to try the grease/cleaner when it comes in, then maybe put on another connector though there isn't a ton of cable to work with and I'm not that great at Cat connections (damn eyesight!). Then if that doesn't work, just grab a 5442 Dahua turret similar to the others I have or try out one of those budget ones that look pretty decent.

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Nothing seemed to help (grease, spray cleaner, etc), so ended up buying a budget Dahua IPC-T2431T-AS turret as I've been curious about these. Certainly no where near the build quality of the 5442 or DS-2CD2347G1-LU, but for CAD$100 seems like a great camera for the price, and perfectly stable on the same switch/cable.

Thanks for all the help trying to get the Hikvision back up and running. I have to say that this I find the assistance provided on this forum over and above just about every other "technical" forum I've been on. Just seems like folks want to jump in and help without ego. Much appreciated!

Now I just need to wait for some weather above 0 deg C to install the darn thing.

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ha...embarrassed to say this after buying the budget cam.

I figured out the issue when I was in my basement watching a movie. The new AV Receiver I purchased seemed to be acting up and I was unable to download an update to it. So I check the network settings, for some reason my router leased the same IP address that the Hikvision was on to my AVR, so there were conflicting IPs which was causing the network abnormalities. It must have literally been the one camera I forgot to reserve the address for in my router (all 7 other cameras had reserved IPs). Odd that the AVR would somehow get the same IP address especially since it would have been in use when the AVR was connected?

Live and learn! Guess I will remount the Hikvision and figure out where I can use the budget camera.

So after all that, nothing to do with corrosion, just user error in the network setup!

Doh!

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
The 2431T isn't a bad little cam for what it is. Better than I expected. You'll be able to find a good use for it.